16 - Hating you - 16

"WE SHOULD stay together." Another girl said. "The alpha is against us."

"Stop calling him that, he's not the alpha." Marie grumbled.

"And you have me and the future Supreme on your team." Madison quipped in. "I spent years in hell, in comparison a bunch of incels is nothing."

Another girl was about to speak when she was cut off by Queenie. "The test has started."

Madison instantly teleported.

She appeared in front of a tall building, and she untied the ribbon around her neck and set it on fire. She waited with a disgruntled scowl for her partner to show up.
A familiar woosh was heard, signifying someone had teleported next to her.

"Took you long enough." She muttered.

John Henry Moore gave her a look. "Ariel and Baldwin wouldn't leave me out of their sight. I had to ask Behold to distract them."

"Don't raise their suspicion." Madison warned him. "They're planning to betray us all, kill you and wipe out my entire coven."

"I know." John sighed. "Let's not waste any more time, we've only got an hour before the task ends. We don't want them to notice we've left."

The door of the building opened once they stepped inside, and they took an elevator. Madison pressed the button for the correct floor and they lapsed in silence as the elevator lurched upwards. The door slid open, revealing the Headquarters of Kinetic Robotics.

They walked up to a desk where the secretary was sitting. She was a stern looking woman with her red hair tied in a ponytail with a quiff and dressed entirely in purple. Her sharp brown eyes settled on Madison and John as her eyebrows quirked up.

"We're not receiving any visitors after ten P.M." The woman said in a clipped tone.

"We're not here for your awful bosses." Madison said with a sneer.

"We want to speak with you." John Henry added. "You're Wilhemina Venable, right?"

The woman narrowed her eyes as she appeared careful but interested. "I am."

Madison sat down on the edge of her desk, which Whilemina looked extremely displeased about but made no comment. "We'd love to make a little deal with you."

"A deal?" She asked. "Who are you, exactly?"

John opened his hand, and her coffee cup took off from her desk to fly straight into his grasp. The secretary's eyes widened in shock as she processed what happened.

"My name is John Henry Moore, I'm a warlock and this is Madison Montgomery a witch. We'd like to work with you."

"We're aware of the Cooperative's existence." Said Madison. "And that your little freaky friends are part of it. I'm sure you'd love to do more important things than being a secretary and buying coke for them, right?"

Wilhemina pursed her lips, actually interested.

John smirked as he noticed how tempted she was by their offer. "We'll help you climb the ladder until you're among the most powerful members of the cooperative. And..." He pointed at her cane resting against her desk. "We have a friend that can take care of that little problem for you."