24 - How to sell your soul - 24

Michael was sitting in the driver's seat of Cordelia's car, waiting for Marie to come out of the mansion. He was dressed in a black and white suit as he was going to pretend to be her driver and bodyguard. He had insisted to accompany Marie, and  after twenty minutes of pestering she had finally caved in and agreed.

A knock tore him out of his daydream, and he found Cordelia smiling at him. He lowered the window and poked his head out, a questioning look in his blue eyes.

"Hi, Michael." Cordelia asked as her eyes flickered towards the front door. "Where is Marie?"

"Still getting ready." He answered with a lopsided smile. "But she's probably going to come down soon, why?"

She bent down as she rested her forearms on the car door. "Have you told her yet?"

His smile fell and he leaned his head against the headrest with a small sigh. "I'm still trying."

Cordelia pursed her lips as her gaze softened. "You've been searching for her for six month. Either Anne's not in hell or Satan is hiding her, and you won't find her either way."

His jaw clenched. "I promised her I would save her mom."

"She doesn't blame you anymore, you don't need to beat yourself up about it every day. She'd understand if you can't find her."

Michael narrowed his eyes at her. "I don't understand something. You know that I gunned down the entire coven in another timeline. I'm capable of the worst things, the only person preventing me from killing you all in your sleep is Marie. So why are you so nice?"

Cordelia smiled sadly. "You're not that man anymore. And not everyone has a hidden agenda, Michael." Then as she kept smiling her gaze hardened as it bore into his. "But it doesn't mean I'm not keeping an eye on you. One wrong move and you're dead."

He looked deeply amused. "Understandable."

Their heads turned towards the door as it opened, and Marie went down the stairs as she checked her makeup one last time in her compact mirror.

"Tell her." Cordelia said.

Michael nodded stiffly, which satisfied Cordelia enough to pat him on the shoulder and leave. She whispered a few words of encouragement to Marie before disappearing into the house.

The door opened, and Marie sat down in the back seat. He snorted when he saw her lean back and prop her Louboutin clad fleet on the passenger seat in front of her.

"Come on, slave! To Kineros Robotics!" Marie ordered with her black sunglasses hiding her eyes.

"You're enjoying this way too much." He muttered as he started the engine. "And how do you walk in those things?"

"I do it while screaming in pain inside. But it's a small sacrifice for fashion. I also can't stand for too long."

"Ridiculous." He rolled his eyes.

She lowered her sunglasses to give Michael a jugemental look. "I don't remember asking my driver's opinion." She said in a sassy tone.

He smirked. "I have a feeling someone's gonna have to go on foot to her meeting in her ridiculous little shoes."

She gasped loudly. "You wouldn't dare."

He winked at her through the rearview mirror, and she stuck her tongue at him in answer.

Ten minutes of silence later, her eyes flickered to his clothes, and her burgundy lips curled in a small smirk. "You look yummy in that suit."

"Mae." He gave her a deadpan look as he muffled a laugh. "The mission, focus."