40 - Very Fucking Convenient - 40

"Is anyone else aware of our arrangement?"

Michael still cringed at the voice of his father even though he had been listening to his conversation with the General for an hour. His finger itched to remove the earbuds so he wouldn't have to listen to him anymore.
He was laying on a hotel bed while Marie was next to him on her phone, fresh out of the shower.

"N-no, of course not, my lord."

He scoffed at the name, which caused Marie to look up and raised a brow in amusement.

"Are you sure ? The girl didn't found herself next to you by accident, Baxter."

"It was just a woman."

He heard Satan click his tongue.

"She is not 'just a woman', you useless fucking-" he paused to take a breath. "Just do your job."

"Of course, my apologies."

"Send the order in a month. Once North Korea will detect the missiles they will replicate by launching their own at us. Easy peasy."

He heard the General exhale a shaky breath of relief, meaning that Satan has finally left. Michael ripped off the earbuds with a sigh and quickly typed a report to Cordelia on his laptop. Meanwhile he kept sneaking glances at Marie, who seemed engrossed in whatever she was doing on her phone thus completely ignoring him.

"Hey." He said softly. "What are you doing?"

"Hm." Marie answered absentmindedly as she scrolled down.

"Marie."

"Mmmh?"

He narrowed his eyes at the device currently stealing her attention, and he poked her cheek. "Pay attention to me." He mumbled, and she finally raised her eyes to meet his as she laughed.

"I'm sorry, my love." Marie pecked his nose, and he smiled as his eyes drifted towards her phone screen.

"What got you so focused?" He asked, and embrassement coated her features as she suddenly hid the screen away from him.

"Nothing important." She squeaked.

His brows shot up as his lips curled in a smirk, suddenly very interested. "Oh, really? So you wouldn't mind if I took a look, right?"

"No!- I mean. It's stupid!" She blurted, and when Michael tried to reach for the phone she jumped out of the bed.

He had a shit eating grin plastered over his lips as he jumped after her, and she squealed as she ran off. He caught up with her, wrapped his arm around her waist and suddenly lifted her off the ground.

"Michael!" She giggled. "Put me down!"

She half heartedly struggled in his grasp as he teleported them back to the bed, and she collapsed with him on top of her with a "Oof!"

Honey eyes met ocean blue, and he leaned down to press a kiss on her soft lips. While she was distracted he snatched the phone away, and she gasped. "You sneaky little shit!"

He looked at the page, and his lips softened in a gentle smile. "How to apply to a college?" He read the page's title aloud, and he met her gaze. "You want to go to uni?"