Loki

I sit at the table with Steve, Natasha, Thor, Tony, and Bruce, watching closely as the technology on the table allows us to watch Fury talk to Loki where he is being kept imprisoned. 

"A warm light for all mankind to share," Loki is saying about the Tesseract. "And then to be reminded what real power is."

"Well, let me know if "real power" wants a magazine or something," I giggle a little at Fury's choice of words. I always love how he jokes in a serious tone. 

"He really grows on you, doesn't he?" Bruce asks us all after turning off the screen that allows us to watch Loki. 

"Loki's gonna drag this out," Steve says before looking up at where Thor stands. "So, Thor, what's his play?"

"He has an army called the Chitauri," Thor continues to stare at the other screen he has watched his brother on as he speaks. "They're not of Asgard, nor any world known."

"There are more worlds than Asgard?" I ask, genuinely curious. 

"Haven't you figured that out?" Natasha looks at me with a raised eyebrow. 

"I figured, but I think it's cool there are more that we don't know of," I shrug.  

"I like your curiosity," Thor tells me, his cape now off and I can see his muscles more clearly. I struggle to figure out if they are bigger than Steve's. "I'm sorry that I almost killed you. I usually don't fight women."

"As misogynistic as that sounds," I begin with a small smile. "Don't worry about it."

"So, these Chitauri?" Bruce crosses his arms over his chest as he speaks to Thor. 

"He means to use them against your people," Thor continues. "They will win him the Earth, in return, I suspect, for the tesseract."

"An army from outer space," Steve says matter of factly. 

"So, he's building another portal?" Bruce asks. 

"That's why he needs Erik Selvig for," I realize. 

"Selvig?" Thor looks at me. "He's a friend."

"Loki has him under some kind of spell," I informs the god-like man. 

"Along with one of ours," I look at Natasha with a comforting smile as I know she wants to get Clint back. 

"I don't know why Loki let us take him," Steve says. "He's not leading an army from here."

"I don't think we should be focusing on Loki," Bruce tells him. 

"He's screaming with crazy," I say. 

"Have a care how you speak," Thor tells us. "He's of no reason. And he's my brother."

"He killed eighty people in two days," Natasha says. 

"He's adopted," Thor points out and I laugh loudly. 

"Sorry," I quickly say. 

"I think it's about the mechanics," Bruce thinks. "What do they need the iridium for?"

"It's a stabilizing agent," Tony responds as he appears with Coulson beside him. "It means the portal won't collapse on itself like it did at S.H.E.I.L.D."

"There's the man of the hour," I smirk at Tony as he walks up to us in a suit jacket, tie, and jeans. 

"Thanks, Agent," He winks at me and I smirk when Steve clearly gets uncomfortable. "It also means the portal can open as wide and stay open as long, as Loki wants."

"Tony," I tell the older man. "The rest of the raw materials is easily accessible for Barton to get his hands on."

"That makes the only major component he still needs is a power source of high-energy-density," Tony tells us. "Something to kick-start the cube."