Eye Spy

"Agent Fury," I say as I slowly walk into the main area of the ship with the knife still in my eye.  

"Agent Barnes," I notice he is taken aback as he turns to face me. "Do not move a muscle on your face."

"She needs to go to the clinic wing," I hear Agent Hill inform him. 

"I need to go to where Loki is," Fury tells her. "Coulson is wounded. Take her."

"Here," I feel Hill's hands on me as she begins to turn me carefully back around so we can head to the clinic. "How'd this happen?"

"Barton," I numbly respond. "Don't worry. I left him in bad shape."

"I bet you did," I know she is smirking. 

~~~~~

I slowly open my eyes after waking up from the anesthesia. I am confused at first as I see Steve staring at me. I reach up and find there is no bandage up on my face, but I do feel different. 

"How do you feel?" Steve asks me

"How do you feel?" Steve asks me. He then goes to help me lay back down after I try to sit up too fast. 

"Thanks," I say before realizing what they must have done. "It took my eye out with it when they pulled the knife out, right?"

"Yes," He sighs, leaning back in his chair. 

"Now I'm officially like Jack Sparrow with Fury," I notice Steve's confused face. "He's from a movie. I'll show you it," I smile when Steve does. His smile always makes me smile too. 

"I'm sorry," Steve shakes his head. "I shouldn't have let you go."

"You didn't know this was going to happen," I reach out and he takes my hand when he figures out that is what I was trying to do. "I should have been more vigilant."

"Tony built you a bionic eye," Steve tells me. 

"An eye?" I ask, not sure if I heard correctly. But then I realize I am seeing him with two eyes so it must already be in. "That's why I can see you so clearly."

"A bionic one that has some neat tricks," He elaborates. 

"Huh," I say before I remember something. "Agent Coulson, is he alright? I heard that..." I stop as Steve looks away from me. 

"He went to Loki before he escaped," Steve informs me. 

"And Loki killed him," I say softly. "I'm going to kill him."

"You need to rest first," Steve stands up and kisses my forehead. 

"Steve?" I stop him before he leaves. I look into his blue eyes, wanting to tell him something but I can't. "Never mind."

~~~~~

I walk into the main room that holds a round table where Steve and Tony are seated with Fury standing up. The doctors had made sure I could see properly and I left the medical wing as soon as the tests were over. I brush my brunette hair out of my face as I wear my dark-grey sweats and a dark-purple, long-sleeve shirt.