Safehouse

"What is this place?" Thor asks as I follow Tony, Natasha, Clint, Bruce, and him to the rural home. Steve had insisted on walking me out of the jet himself and sticking with me as we stay behind the group. 

"Safehouse," Tony shrugs. 

"Let's hope," Clint gives me a knowing smile because I know exactly where we are. "Honey?" He calls out once we enter the two-story home. A pregnant, brunette woman pops out of the kitchen. "Hi, we have company."

"Hey," She kisses him with a happy smile. 

"This is an agent of some kind," Tony insists. 

"Guys, this is Laura," Clint introduces his wife to those who don't know her. 

"I know all of your names," Laura smiles as she waves at us. 

"Dad!" A small girl rounds the corner of the staircase with an older boy. 

"Hi, sweetheart!" Clint lifts up his daughter and hugs his son. "Hey, buddy."

"These are smaller agents," Tony stares at the children surprised. 

"Or they're his kids," I say matter of factly. 

"Did you bring Auntie Nat?" Clint's daughter asks him. 

"Why don't you hug her and find out?" Natasha lifts up the girl as she goes to hug her. 

"Do you guys remember Maeve?" Laura asks as she goes up to me and gives me a quick hug. 

"Auntie Maevey," His daughter reaches out towards me and I don't expect Natasha to actually hand the girl to me. 

"Auntie?" Steve gives me a look with scrunched eyebrows. 

"Maevey?" Tony gives me the same look. 

"I've met the kids a couple of times," I say, placing the girl down. 

"Where she kept them entertained so they could fall madly in love with her," Clint teases me. 

"Okay," I roll my eyes, forgetting about my panic attack on the jet for a few minutes as I watch the kids run off to play. 

"How's little Natasha?" Natasha asks Laura as Thor accidentally steps on Legos and breaks them, quietly and quickly kicking them under the sofa. 

Clint's daughter appears in front of Thor, looking up at him. The toaster goes off and Thor just walks out of the house. 

"Thor!" I jog out of the house, Steve following behind me.  

"I saw things in that dream and I need answers," Thor tells me. "I won't find them here."

"You'll be back?" I ask him, having grown an amazing friendship with him. 

"See that doctor," He says before swinging his hammer and flying up into the sky. 

"Everyone heard my little convo with Stark?" I ask Steve, staring up into the sky. 

"Yeah," He says before turning around to go back inside. He stops as if he hears something. 

"Steve?" I scrunch my eyebrows together. He turns back around to face me and then walks right past me. "What did you see?" I follow him outside. 

"What did you see?" He turns around to face me and I look away from him. 

"Ugh!" I storm away from him and towards the side of the house where Tony is using an ax to cut wood. 

"There's another one right there," He points to the other ax and I go to pick it up.