Killing Thanos

"Hey," Steve kisses me as I enter the bathroom of the room we now share in The Avengers Facility. I'm just wearing his green and black flannel as my legs are bare. He is wearing his white tank with grey sweatpants, knowing exactly what he's doing to me. 

"I like your face," I smile softly as I rub my hands over his newly-shaven face. 

"I like yours too," He chuckles as he kisses me again. 

"What..." I look at the mirror as it begins to shake. 

"Put some pants on," He tells me as he begins to make his way out of the room. 

~~~~~

I run out onto the field with Steve, Natasha, Bruce, and Rhodey as an aircraft lands in front of us. I just tied Steve's flannel on and quickly put on leggings. Pepper is waiting right in front of us, hoping who she thinks it is will come out of the jet. Carol lands it down safely and I run as Nebula helps Tony get out. 

"Tony," I say as I notice how thin he is. 

"Couldn't stop him," Tony tells Steve comes to help me take Tony towards Pepper. 

"Neither could I," Steve says. 

"I'm glad you made it," Tony tells me. 

"Me too," I smile at him softly before looking at Steve. 

"Is, uh," Tony begins until Pepper runs up and hugs him. 

"Oh, my God!" She cries in joy. 

I lean into Steve as I feel happy the couple is glad to see each other. I hold onto Steve's arm as he wraps it around me. 

"I love you," He kisses my forehead. 

"I love you, too," I say. 

~~~~~

"It has been twenty-three days since Thanos came to Earth," Rhodey informs us all as he pulls up pictures of everyone who had flown up in ashes. 

I walk over to Steve after staring at the picture of my brother, Bucky. Steve holds me as I lean back into him. 

"World governments are in pieces," Natasha says. 

"Thanos did exactly what he said he was gonna do," I state, shaking my head. I look at the picture of Nick Fury that pulls up in front of me and I look down. "He wiped out fifty-percent of all living creatures."

"Where is he now?" Tony asks from his seat in a wheelchair. "Where?"

"We don't know," Steve answers. 

"What's wrong with him?" Tony points at Thor who sits on a bench, looking down at the floor. 

"He thinks he failed," Rocket says. "Which, of course, he did but there's a lot of that going around, ain't there?"

"We've been hunting for three weeks now and we have nothing," I say. 

"Tony, you fought him," Steve looks at the other man. 

"Who told you that?" Tony asks before looking at me. "Her?" I look down at my feet. "There was no fight 'cause he's not beatable. He wiped my face with a planet."

"Did he give you any clues?" Steve asks and Tony blows a rasberry. "Tony, I'm gonna need you to focus."

"And I needed you," Tony glares at Steve. "As in past tense. It's too late, buddy."

"Tony..." I say. 

"What?" He looks at me. "We all know what side you're gonna take." 

"Leave her out of this," Steve tells him.