Catastrophe

I run with Steve towards the helicopter once we're suited up. But, we stop as something hits it and powers it down from being able to work before we can get there. We look up to see Tony in his Iron Man suit with War Machine. 

"Wow, it's so weird how you run into people at the airport," Tony says as they land in front of us. "It's good to see you're normal again, kid."

"Tony-"

"No," He interrupts me. 

"Hear me out, Tony," Steve offers. "That psychiatrist that escaped. He's behind all of this."

"He framed Bucky and he caused us to lose it," I add. "There are also five other super-soldiers like him the doctor is trying to get."

"Captains," T'Challa says as he lands next to us. 

"Your Highness," I nod at him as he goes to stand beside Tony and Rhodey. 

"Secretary Ross gave me thirty-six hours to bring you guys in," Tony says. "That was twenty-four hours ago."

"You're after the wrong guy," Steve tells him. 

"Your judgment is askew," Tony says. 

"Stop!" I step in between the two men. "We don't have to do this."

"Tell me, Maeve," Tony refers to me by my actual name. "Are you doing this for your brother or for your boyfriend?"

"Tony, I love them," I tell him. "I love you too but they've been in my life forever."

"No, I get it," Tony nods. "It will always be them."

"Mae," Steve reaches out his hand for me to take. 

"I'm sorry," I apologize to Tony before taking Steve's hand. 

"Maeve," I look back to meet the eyes of Natasha. "Do you really want to punch your way out of this one?"

"You know my past Nat," I remind her. "If I can be pulled back to normal, so can he."

"All right," Tony sighs. "I've run out of patience. Underoos!"

I look up as a kid wearing a spider suit shoots webs at Steve, taking his shield before landing on a nearby truck. 

"You're the kid I showed Tony about on YouTube, right?" I ask the boy as he stands up. "Spider-Boy."

"It's Spider-Man," His adolescent voice says. "And I'm Peter. Thanks for the new suit, Mr.Stark."

"You give out suits now?" I ask Tony. 

"Only to the ones I see potential in," Tony looks at me. "Or saw."

"That hurt," I tell him. 

"I'm trying to keep you from tearing The Avengers apart," Tony says. 

"You did that when you signed," Steve says. 

"You're going to turn Barnes over because it's us!" Tony demands. 

"As I said Tony," I take out my knives. "I'm sorry."

"All right, Lang," Steve says and Scott goes into full human form and kicks Steve's shield out of Peter's hands. 

"Whoa," Rhodey stammers. "What the hell was that?"

"I believe this is yours, Captain America," Scott hands Steve his shield back. 

"He's Ant-Man," I say. 

"I'm getting Maximoff, Rhodey you take them," Tony orders. "Peter, web them up. Barnes is on the lower level."

"Barnes is mine," T'Challa begins to run toward the airport. 

"I got him," I tell Steve as I run to T'Challa and tackle him to the ground. 

"I don't want to hurt you, ma'am," He gets up and extends his claws. "But, you're in my way."

"That's sweet," I hold my knives tighter, getting in a fighting stance. "But I don't want to hurt you."

I block his swing and slash at his stomach. He jumps back and I turn to elbow him. He moves again but I am able to flip him over my back and punch him in the face. He kicks me off of him. 

"Hey Mae," I turn around and dodge Natasha before she hits me. 

I kick back at T'Challa as he advances toward me. Steve grabs him and starts fighting him. 

"Hey, Nat," I brush back a lock of hair that escaped my ponytail. "How you've been?"

"Eh," She gets in a fighting stance. "I guess, we'll see who's the best agent now."

"Yeah," I get in a similar stance, knowing exactly how she fights. "We'll see how well I kick your ass."

She jumps forward and I duck. I come up and swing at her, but she catches my fist. She kicks up and I jump before her foot makes contact with my abdomen. We go at it, dodging every blow and kick we attempt to make. 

"I know all your moves," Natasha tells me as we continue to miss every attempt of punching and kicking. 

"Me too," I say and decide to do something different. I backflip, kicking her right in the face. and causing her to fall back. "You didn't know that, huh?"

I run up to Steve and Scott after they finish dealing with T'Challa and Rhodey. 

"Come on!" Steve yells as Bucky, Sam, Wanda, and Clint meet up with us and we begin running to a jet. 

"Captain Rogers," Vision appears in the sky, using his mind stone to burn a crack into the ground so we stop. "I know you believe what you're doing is right. But you must surrender now," All of the others on Tony's side appear in front of us. 

"What do we do, Cap?" Sam asks Steve. 

"Captain Barnes?" Steve looks at me, letting me know by his face that he will do what I want. 

"We fight," I declare, looking at the six in front of us. 

~~~~~

I'm on the jet with just Steve and Bucky. The others had helped create a diversion for us to make it to it., being the ones they are all after. I look down at where the others are as we fly farther from them. Tony and Rhodey fly toward the jet as Sam goes to stop them. Vision sends a blast and Sam moves out of the way, making it hit Rhodey instead. 

"Oh my God," I gasp, covering my mouth as the man begins to fall fast to the ground. I can't see him fall anymore as we get too far away and both Tony and Sam go to try and catch him. "Sam!" I press against my earpiece. "Is he alive?"

"He's alive," Sam assures me and I sigh in relief. 

"Mae-"

"Rhodey's hurt and Tony..." I groan in frustration. "He's never going to look at me the same."

"I'm sorry," Bucky says from behind me. I look back at him and I can tell he means it. "For everything."

"Bucky," I walk up to him and place a hand on both of his shoulders. "I believe you," I hug him, finally coming to realize that my brother might be back.