Bomb

I watch the newscast with Steve, Sam, and Peggy's niece, Sharon. There was a bomb in Vienna where the Sokovia Accords were being signed. Natasha is safe, but the King of Wakanda was killed. 

"Officials have released a video of a suspect," The newscaster says before surveillance footage appears on the TV. "Who they have identified as James Buchanan Barnes," My heart falls to my stomach at the photo of my brother. "One of The Avengers own brother, Captain Elizabeth Maeve Barnes." 

I run out of the room. I lean against the wall, taking my medication out of my purse. We had all been called into the room to watch the news after the funeral, leaving no time to change out of our black attire. 

"Aren't you supposed to be taking one a day?" Steve comes out and asks me as I swallow a pill for my panic attacks. 

"I only sometimes follow orders," I remind him. 

"The king of Wakanda's son, T'Challa, will want him dead even if the task force doesn't decide it," Steve tells me. 

"I know," I say. 

"They might arrest me if we go after him," Steve reminds me as he refers to Bucky.

"I know," I repeat, looking at him. 

~~~~~

"We have orders to shoot on sight," Sharon tells Steve, Sam, and me after giving us a file for a headstart on finding Bucky. 

I am now wearing my usual black clothing of leggings and a long-sleeve shirt with boots and hair down. I hold the file tightly as we stand in the hotel room in London. We were all there for Peggy's funeral. 

"This is all I can give you before I have to report back to my boss," Sharon continues. 

"Thank you," Steve thanks her. 

"Of course," She smiles and it's very clear she has a crush on him. 

"We can take it from here," I tell her in another way of kicking her out. 

"You're jealous," Sam chuckles once Sharon leaves the room. 

"I'm not," I say, handing the file to Steve. 

"You so are," Steve chuckles too. 

"Watch it," I warn them both. "I'll kick both of your asses."

~~~~~

Steve and I are suited up as we enter the very small apartment in Bucharest, Romania. It's the headstart Sharon gave us on where Bucky is living. 

"This place is disgusting," I comment in a whisper to Steve as we look around. 

"Shut up," He lets out a small chuckle anyway as we find a notebook on top of the refrigerator. 

"What is he eating?" I ask in disgust as I look inside the fridge. 

"Stop thinking about food," Steve tells me. 

"Don't bark orders at me," I still give him a tiny smirk as I close the fridge. "You know I'm always hungry."

"You love it when I do though," He says smirks back at me. 

"Um..." I turn around, meeting Bucky's blue eyes with my own. 

"Do you know us?" Steve asks him after he turns around. 

"You're Steve," Bucky says before looking back at me. "You're Maeve. I read about you both in a museum."

"You're lying," I tell him. "I know you are," I draw out my gun and shoot him multiple times, he clocks it with his metal arm. "That's just because of all the trouble you put us through."

"You better now?" Steve asks me. 

"Now I am," I say after shooting Bucky more. 

"I wasn't in Vienna," Bucky insists after standing up straight. "I don't do that anymore."

"Yeah, well," I begin. "It sure looked like you."

"Calm down," Steve tells me as he knows I am getting heated. 

"I told you to stop barking orders at me," I repeat. 

"Look," Steve ignores me and turns back to Bucky. "The people who think you did are coming here now and they're not planning on taking you alive."

"This doesn't have to end in a fight, James," I tell my brother. 

"It always does," He says before a bomb is thrown in the room through the windows. Bucky kicks it over at Steve, who covers his shield over it so it explodes under that. Bucky then takes off his left-hand glove, exposing his metal hand. 

Men break into the room through the door and the window. I grab the gun from one man before he shoots, knocking it away. I see Bucky jump out the window as Steve and I finish off the remaining men who are after my brother.

"Who the hell is that?" I ask Steve as we see Bucky fighting a man in what looks like a black panther suit on the rooftop of the next building. 

"I guess we're about to find out," Steve says as he backs away from the railing of the balcony before jumping to land on the rooftop. 

"Sounds like plan," I blabber out as I follow suit and jump to the rooftop. 

Then, the man chases Bucky off of that rooftop and onto the ground. 

"So, now we're just chasing?" I ask aloud before using grabbing onto Steve before he jumps. His shield block us from making contact with our bodies on the hard ground. We chase the man in Bucky into the street. 

"Here," Steve jumps onto a a police car and smashes the windshield. The police man is dragged out from the now stopped car by Steve and he has me climb over the driver's seat to get into the passenger's seat. 

"This is going great," I sarcastically comment before he speeds off.  

The man in the panther suit jumps onto the hood of the car after we almost pass him. 

"What are you...?" Steve asks me as I kick the door off and begin to climb out. 

"Getting this guy of the car," I quickly utter out before climbing onto the roof of the car. "Hey, why don't we talk this out?" I ask before the man extends claws from the hands of his suit. "No?" I take out my two knives. 

He charges at me but I quickly dodge him. I kick up but he jumps to the side before I my foot makes contact with his side. I catch his wrist before the claws make contact with my face. 

"Ugh!" I groan as Steve takes a sharp turn and I have to hold onto the hood of the care so I don't fall off. A pair of arms grab me and place me on the back of a motorcycle. "Bucky?" I question as he speeds away. He must have circled back when he saw me roll off the hood. 

The man jumps off the car behind us and Bucky catches him by the neck with his metal hand. It makes us tilt sideways and I have to hold onto my brother as he slides his metal hand on the ground. I kick the man off of the motorcycle before Bucky pushes upright. I see as Sam charges at the man. 

"No!" I exclaim as Bucky throws a bomb to attach the ceiling of the tunnel. It explodes once we exit the tunnel and I look back before the man jumps out from the debris and slashes the back tire. 

We fall off of the motorcycle and roll on the ground. Steve appears and knocks the man in the panther suit off of Bucky. Police cars circle us as I stand up and make my way next to Steve. Rhodey come flying down in his War Machine suit. 

"Stand down, now," Rhodey demands as the Vienna officers get out of their cars and point their guns at us. "Congratulations Captain Rogers and Barnes. You're criminals."

I look at Steve as the officers begin to arrest us. The man in the panther suit takes off his mask and I recognise him as T'Challa, the son of the king Bucky had killed. 

"Your highness," I say as the handcuffs are placed on my wrists.