11. plan b

The fabric of the shirt in my hand seemed at risk of tearing as I aggressively folded it, slamming it into the pile of mine and Bellamy's clothes that sat on the bed. 

The Ark hadn't burned entirely, but enough of it had to ruin our chances of using it as safety when the radiation hit. 

The anger I felt was so consuming I could do nothing but think about it. Even as I did laundry to try and distract myself, rage coursed through my body. 

"That's my favourite shirt." Bellamy announced, joining me in our room. "Go easy on it, please."

I turned to look at him, shooting him a glare. "How about you just fold your own laundry then." I sniped, firing the shirt in his direction. 

A small chuckled escaped his lips as he walked toward me, throwing the shirt onto the bed as he wrapped his arms around my waist. "I know you're upset" he whispered, "We all are, but we'll figure this out."

"I'm not upset, Bell." I muttered, shaking my head. "I'm devastated. It seems like no matter what we do, we're always losing somehow."

Bellamy let out a sad sigh, leaning forward to press a kiss to my forehead. "Raven and Abby are getting closer to making Nightblood." he pointed out, trying to lift my spirits. 

 I closed my eyes, leaning into him. Somehow he always managed to calm me down just through his presence. 

"There's a meeting in the Communication Bay, Clarke wants you there. We're going to head to the island, take them remaining hydrazine them. " he spoke, his voice slightly muffled from where his chin rested against the top of my head. 

That was our Plan B as of right now. Raven had discovered that the only and best way to scientifically replicate Luna's blood was to do it in space. And thus, her and Abby were preparing for a venture back to what was once our home.  

I nodded, reluctantly pulling away. "Let's go." I whispered, taking a hold of his hand to provide myself with a more sense of calm. 

The two of us remained relatively silent on our walk though what was left of the ship, Bellamy only speaking to crack jokes, clearly to see the scowl on my face transform into a smile.

"There you two are." Clarke breathed as we entered the room, being met by the solemn eyes of Kane, Monty and Roan. One pair of eyes lingered on me the longest- Roan. 

"Sorry." Bellamy breathed, the two of us releasing one another's hands as we slipped into the crowd that had gathered around the table. 

Monty gave each of us a small nod before beginning to speak. "Sectors three, four and five sustained the worst damage. We lost the server room and all of our processors and life support systems. And half of our living quarters." He explained, noting the defeated looks on all of our faces. 

"Right now, backup power will keep the lights on at night in the rooms that survived. But we'll have no heat or running water and no way to restore it or reseal the ship before the radiation gets here."

The more Monty spoke, the more my heart drop in devastation. This was bad...really bad. 

"Is there any good news?" Bellamy questioned, asking the question we were all wondering. 

"Well, no one died." Kane pointed out, pushing himself up from where he had been leaning against the table. 

"Yet." I added. 

"Forget the Ark. It was never going to save us all anyway." Clarke announced.  "We need to focus our resources on the Nightblood solution. Is the fuel loaded?"