78. take two

It was a feeling unlike anything else I had ever felt before. 

One second we were in the basement of Gabriel's hut, and the next we were standing in the middle of a snow barren desert. 

Miller released his grip on me as we took a few steps onto the new planet, the harsh wind nipping at our faces. 

"Is everyone okay?" Clarke yelled, forced to raise her voice over the noise of the gusts. 

I gripped onto my gun, my eyes wild as I scanned the area around us...there was no way Bellamy and the others were here. 

"Still like this planet better, Miller?" Niylah sarcastically wondered.

Jordan shivered under the cold. "I say we try the next one."

"Yeah." Raven breathed, looking around with a slightly uneasy look. "Only one problem. We need an anomaly stone for that."

My blood ran cold- colder than it already was- as I looked over to her. There was no anomaly stone in sight. Only tall jaded mountains and snow covered ground could be seen for miles.

"We're so screwed." I whispered, my voice tight in defeat and fear. 

Clarke wore a look a fear as she looked around. "It's okay." she assured, but I could tell she didn't even believe her own words. 

I let out a sigh, taking a few steps away from the group. "BELLAMY!" My voice carried across the landscape, bouncing off the mountain tops and echoing around us. "OCTAVIA!"

Raven had pulled the helmet back over her head, searching for the stone as Clarke arrived by my side. "BELLAMY!" Nothing. "OCTAVIA!" Nothing. "ECHO !"...Nothing. 

"Safe to say we're on the wrong planet." Miller deducted the obvious. 

"I agree." Jordan muttered. "If these people could choose a new world for a home, it wouldn't be this one."

Niylah wore a small smirk. "I don't know...I think it's pretty cool." When no one responded right away, she tilted her head slightly. "'Cool'...Get it?"

I stifled the smallest of smiles, too defeated and cold to give Niylah anymore than that. 

"Miller's right." Raven agreed, turning slightly with the helmet still covering her face. "The stone's...there! By those rocks. Two kilometers that way. I see the cave entrance."

Clarke took a few steps forward. "Wait a minute. There's something buried in the snow here." She knelt down next to whatever it was, shining her light over the outline of something beneath the snow. 

The rest of us followed her lead, kneeling down next to whatever it was as we shone our lights to provide better sight. 

As Raven began to uncover it, I felt my heart droop slightly. "It's a body."

"Have I mentioned I don't like it here?" Miller muttered, a look of discomfort on his face. 

I shot him a raised- brow- look. "Join the club."

"Ossuarium." Raven announced. 

"What?"

"The planet's primary use. I'm pretty sure it means a place to store your dead." 

"Lovely." I mumbled, pressing my lips together as Clarke uncovered the body further. 

"I've seen that symbol before." Raven declared as the snow was brushed off to reveal some sort of logo. "Show me the Star Map." She ordered to the helmet. "I'll bet you it's the planet the people who took our friends are from."