Chapter 29.

Flashback

Flashback...

I can smell my blood. It coats the air, as do my screams. I held strong at first, but as more and more of my skin was carved away from my body while she laughed, I couldn't stop the screams of agony the ripped through my throat.

I was paralyzed, in shock call it whatever you want but I couldn't move. Looking up I looked into the eyes of the person I thought I loved. She grinned down at me madly, her green/blue eyes that I love showed dark with greed and lust. Lust for the pain she's inflicting on me and for my death. I want to give in, to let the darkness take over my body as a whole, but the Barzetti blood in me won't let it happen.

I have to get free before Ciro, Leone, Avena, Elora, get their hands on her. They'll torture her, give her no mercy, even as she drags the knife down my skin I still love her. For some fucked up reason I still care about her.

I start to fight through the chains that are holding me down. "Angelo, Angelo, Angelo." She ticks my name out. "You were always a fighter and the monster within you that craves blood that was one thing I admired about you and your strength" she grinds her hips on my crotch making me internally gag "but I was wrong your just pathetic and weak, gosh you didn't even see past my facade. I never loved you."

I'm about to die by her hands, I can feel it- too much blood loss.

This is what she wants, she wants me dead. I can feel my blood boil from anger, I keep my mouth shut, I refuse to let a sound come out of my mouth. This is what she wants but I won't give her the satisfaction, getting aggravated she yells out raising the knife into the air—

Jolting awake, I start panting and sweating. No matter how many times I try to forget that day, I never can, the nightmares make it all realistic like it's happening all over again, I could physically feel the wounds reopening again.

Hearing more than one footsteps heading towards my room, I grab the gun hidden under my pillow. The door burst open with Ciro and Leone looking stressed while trying to catch their breath.

"Angelo what the hell, why aren't you picking up your phone" Ciro yells out, while both of them take a seat on the edge of the bed.

"Why, what's wrong," I ask, they both give each other glances hesitating to talk.

"Your mom and dad were both attacked, there fine but Arny has something to tell you" Ciro rushes out, blowing out a breath while whipping his forehead "woo that wasn't so hard"

Not paying attention to the idiots I call family, grabbing the phone I dial my padre's number.

It takes at-least three-ring for him to pick up "Angelo, are you guys okay?" He rushes out

"Yeah I'm fine, I should be asking you that. What happened?"

"Your Madre and I were going out for our anniversary to the opera, we were attacked during intermission but we're fine, but I have to tell you something?"

"What is it?" I ask, getting annoyed with his short answers.

"Lazaro is alive, he was the one who pulled this off," he says, anger laces his voice

"How, you told me you and grandfather killed him"

"I don't know, but I know he's not working alone. He's not smart enough to pull this off."

"What do you wanna do?, we all could get on the next plane to Milan and move back to Italy"

"No, you're staying there. It better if you stay out of Milan for a little while until we have facts I'm not going to go in gun blazing looking for my psychotic older brother. I'll keep in contact, make sure everyone knows what's happening and I will be sending more guards over. Ciao Figliola, ti contatterò quando avrò qualcosa.

(Bye son, I'll contact you when I have something.)

The line disconnects, looking up I see Ciro and Leone looking in confusion.

"Lazaro's alive" their jaws hanging open, eyes bulging out.

Lazaro Victor Barzetti was- I mean is my Padre's older brother. My padre and my grandfather killed him before I was even born, he would've been the one to take over the mafia but he was considered a threat to our family. In the mafia, your honor and die for the family but for Lazaro he never considered that, all he wanted was power, family meant nothing to him. He crossed the line after he killed his own cousin and woman that was arranged to marry him, this leading to a war with a supposed allied. Padre and grandfather decided on eliminating him before he eliminated all of our bloodlines.

everyone considered him dead but now he's alive and most definitely coming back for vengeance.

"We are to stay out of Italy for the time being until he "summons" us."

Nodding their head.

"Okay, come on we have to take care of shipments today. The shipment is leaving here to Bolivia, we have to make sure nothings missing and there will be extra guards being sent over to us"

"Let's go"

This was a short chapter :( sorry

Midterms are finally over and now I will be able to post/create new chapters for this book.

I want to say thank you to each and everyone one of you guys, these couple of days the book has been getting many views and likes and Beautifully Broken has hit 22.8k views.

And

Beautifully broken was number #1 on assassin on January 7

*speechless* 🥺❤️❤️

I'm forever grateful for everyone who is enjoying my book.

With that being said I hope you like this chapter, till next time ❤️