Chapter 27.

Opening the car door, I take a seat on the passenger side looking over at her.

"What are you doing Angelo?" she asks, her voice muffled by the steering wheel.

"You okay?" I ask her.

"I'm fine," she says looking up at me, she gasps out loud making me startled.

"What?" I ask looking around.

"Your knuckles." looking down I see my skin was ripped and bleeding.

"It's fine, it's not the first time." Wiping my knuckle on my jeans

"I don't care about your knuckles, your bleeding in my car" she scoffs

"Oh wow I thought you actually cared for a second"

"Me never" she scoffed while giving me a grin "so what are you doing in my car"

"I came and checked upon you," I tell her, not trying to make a big deal about it

"Is that worry I detect?" she chuckles while grinning at me.

"No." I grumble looking away "stubborn ass." she mutters under her breath.

"What did you say?" Looking over at her with furrowed eyebrows.

"Mmh nothing" she hums. "You don't need to worry about me, I can handle myself. I did beat you in boxing, three times actually."

Groaning "are you always going to bring that up." I rub my hand down my face looking over at her.

"It's okay I hurt your giant ego, I won't tell anyone you lost to a girl half your size." Looking over at me she gives me a cunning grin.

Looking away from here "you're the first person to beat me." I murmur. I Angelo Barzetti next in line to the Italian mafia lost to a regular girl, I was shocked when she beat me, not once but three times. That took a huge blow to my masculinity, I was trained by my own father and many other people, I had never lost a fight until Luna. I've seen many techniques used in underground fighting but she was fast, precise, and calculated, they were unique and something I've never seen before.

Now that I think of it, her moves were nothing like boxing. I wonder who taught her such unique moves or why?

Uhh, why the fuck do I care?

Luna's soft laughter breaks me out of my thoughts, she doesn't laugh often. "Oh my god, that must hurt. But if it makes you feel better, I've never lost a fight."

"How does that make me feel better." I gape at her.

"I don't know, but it makes me feel better." She winks at me. "Hey, you weren't that bad, you had good techniques and strategy. Not as good as me though."

"Cocky much" muttering under my breath "mmh not cocky, it's the truth" she chuckles "now that you've checked up on me, you are free to leave and your still bleeding in my damn car" she points to the little drips of blood on the center console.

"Nope." Making a loud pop sound "you're my ride now, a courtesy of me helping you" grabbing the sunglasses on the center console, I lower my seat until I'm resting back.

"Does my car have a Uber or Lyft sticker on it? No, now leave" she scowls at me while removing her sunglasses from my face.

"We both want to leave, and I'm not going back in there when our friends are still partying" she starts to think about it, finally giving up she nods while retrieving something from the compartment. 

"Give me your hand."

"If you want to hold my hand you can just ask" I grin at her.

"Ew no, you're still bleeding so I have to wrap your knuckles." Nodding, she yanks my arm over. Applying gauze and putting pressure on my ripped knuckles, she starts wrapping my hand with a bandage. After finishing up, I give her my address and we start driving off

After passing through the guards, Luna parks in front of the driveway near the doorsteps.

Putting the car in park, I lift my seat back up "we're here, now get out before I drag you out"

"I'm going, I'm going" I surpass a chuckle threatening to come out.

Opening the door about to step out "oh and Angelo, thank you for what you did."

Giving her a nod and smirk plastered on my face "welcome." Closing the door in watch as she drives off.

I head inside, entering my room I strip my clothes off leaving myself in boxers. Pulling the covers up I get in bed drifting off to sleep.

—