Dear Fred, Love Molly

Dear Fred,

My sweet baby boy. I miss you more than you will ever know. I am making the family write letters to you in hopes that it will help everybody move on but really it's for me, so I can force myself to write down how I feel. I always knew who you were Fred, always. You and George may have thought you fooled me but you never did, I just knew you loved to joke around so I'd go along with it and the smiles on your faces were worth it.
I never called you George, it was always you pretending to be him after I had called you by your own name. I know the difference in my children.
You were easy to tell apart, you Freddie, were more outgoing than your brother. You built him up to being what he is today. He is everything he is today because you helped him get there. You had a little scar just above your eyebrow where that baby dragon bit you when we went to visit Charlie during his first year in Romania. You were the one that would cry as a baby when I would stop singing to you at night, you were the one that talked first and walked second. You were the one who ran down to the muggle village and made friends with about 20 muggle children in the 10 minutes it took us to find you. You were the one who loved Qudditch more than life itself. You were the one and only Fred Weasley and it kills me every day that you don't know how much I love you, loved you.
I think George and Ginny are struggling the most. Ginny looked up to you and George...well George is George. I think he is trying to convince himself that none of this is real, that it will all just go away. They stay locked up in her room most days and I can't bring myself to go up there. I haven't heard him laugh since it happened, not properly. I think he thinks he has us fooled but he doesn't, I know my children.
I miss you Fred and you will never ever be forgotten. I visit your grave everyday with fresh flowers I know you'd hate. I always set a place for you at dinner. I visit the joke shop regularly even though it's noisy, just so I can feel close to you again.
Fleur is pregnant, she is having twin boys. I like to think that it is you sending us a sign that we can move on and try to be happy but I don't know if I'll ever be happy again. I miss my son, I miss my boy.

Love Molly