Dear Fred, Love Arthur

Dear Fred

I know I have to do better, I have failed. I should have never let any of you join the battle. What kind of father am I. I remember as if it were yesterday the Triwizard tournament, I remember Amos and I celebrating when we seen Cedric and Harry return. I remember everything going quiet, the only thing audible was Amos's screams of anguish. I remember it so well because I remember thinking thank god Fred or George wasn't picked, thank god I still have them.
Do you remember that summer. I loaned you and George some money to start up Wizards Wizarding Wheezes and I made you swear not to tell your mother, then I found out Harry had lent you the money he had won and I nearly throttled the both of you. I regret that, I regret all the times I scolded you or shouted, I regret ever doubting you, I regret everything now.
Your mom just cries all the time and there's nothing I can do, nothing I can say. I don't know how to go on like this, I feel useless, unneeded.
Muggles don't interest me anymore, I can't find the time to be happy or passionate about anything. I have really tried to be strong for everyone but it's so hard. I know we didn't say it a lot Freddie but I love you more than I have ever loved anything in my entire life.
I never thought I would have so many children and I am blessed to have every single one of yous. The days you were born were the six greatest days of my life. April 1st being the most special because I got blessed twice. I miss you Freddie boy, you will always be missed.

Love Arthur