Dear Fred, Love Neville

Dear Fred,

I know we weren't very close at all and it feels weird to sit down and write you a letter but I don't know I felt like I should. Maybe this won't just be a letter to you, maybe I'll just tell someone, anyone, how I'm feeling, even if that someone isn't here anymore.
I've felt so alone recently. Luna and I didn't work out, she went travelling. She said that she is a wandering soul and she can't be tied down, that she had to go and explore the world. I couldn't go with her because I just got a job at Hogwarts, I'm the herbology professor now. While most of my friends went off and became Aurors I got a job that's not dangerous and that I'm good at. I start next year, I'll be one of the youngest professors at Hogwarts ever. For my first year I'll just be shadowing Ms Sprout, she'll be showing me everything I need to know and then it's full steam ahead.
Luna wrote to me the other day, she said that she's met someone else, that they are in love. She didn't seem to realise that this would upset me, she thought I would be happy about it, so I pretended. Just like your family are pretending to be okay about you.
I visit The Burrow from time to time, to see Harry, Hermione and Ron. They are the only ones I do see, the rest stay hauled up in their own space. I've spoken to Ginny a handful of times but she's extremely closed off, very vague. I told her about a position of flying teacher at Hogwarts, you know while she waits to qualify for the big leagues. I started going on about how Madam Hooch thought her one of the best flyers she'd ever seen and how Hogwarts would be lucky to have her. Told her how she wouldn't even be there for long because the Holyhead Harpies were sure to snatch her up soon.
She burst out crying, I didn't know what to do, I didn't know what I had said, I thought she'd be happy to get back to Hogwarts. Then Harry told me she'd given up Quidditch and I nearly lost it. It's not often I loose my head but this time I did. I couldn't believe they had just let her quit, it was her favourite thing in the world to do and everyone was just alright with her quitting.
Harry seemed to understand that he couldn't let her do such a thing and promised me that he'd talk to her but I doubt he will. They are al so scared to talk to each other. They tip toe around that house, making sure to avoid each other and tats not healthy.
Just watch over them okay, watch over them all. You will be missed by many Fred.

Love Neville