Dear Fred, Love Freddie

Nineteen Years Later...

Dear Fred,

I know that I don't have to write this letter but I must, I must tell you what is going on. I can't visit you anymore, I can't keep you being there a secret any longer. Finding you there last year should never have happened you should have never showed yourself to me. I have had to lie to my family, my dad. They all should be able to see you, to talk to you. Why won't you let them, why won't you let them be happy I don't understand.
I am grateful to you beyond belief. You told me stories, stories that my dad could never tell me because every time he starts he couldn't finish. You told me the creation of the joke shop and gave me instructions on how to make the things that would be illegal to sell. You also told me you started the process of becoming a ghost a month before the Battle of Hogwarts and you told me it was because you felt something bad was coming and you wanted to make sure that your family would be alright, that they would be alright without you. So why do you hide yourself, if my dad could see you one last time then I'm sure he would feel better, he would be able to talk about you, he would be able to say goodbye and have closure, I'm sure of it.
You stayed in that forrest beside grandma and grandpas house since after the Battle of Hogwarts, that was nineteen years ago. Why did you never show yourself, why did you choose to show yourself to me, to make me carry the burden of knowing you exist.
My dad still isn't right. Your death still lingers on his consciousness. Sometimes he can't even look at me, grandma says I look exactly like you when you were younger and I think that why. If you could just show yourself to them then maybe he wouldn't flinch when he looks at me.
Some nights I hear him and mom in the kitchen, he never got over your death. I barely see Aunty Angelina or Uncle Lee because Mom says it's too painful for Dad to be around people who knew you. Aunty Hermione says it's because of how close they were with you and it sucks to not be able to see them.
Why can't you just come out, why can't you just show yourself. You never told me what you had to do to become a ghost or if you can ever leave. I want you to be happy and I want you to know that you can move on. I can take care of them, I can make Dad feel better I know I can.
I won't tell them about you, but you have to move on and be happy because lingering isn't going to help. I love you forever uncle Fred and I'm so happy to be named after such an amazing man.

Love Freddie