Dear Fred, Love Percy

Dear Fred,

I suggested to mom about the letters. I read it in a book called "A Guide To Grieving - The steps you should take to get over the loss of a loved one" it's actually quite a good book. Of course Ron complained because he hates anything that requires him to use the one brain cell he possesses but everyone else seemed to think it would help in some way.
It's been a year Freddie, I still feel that same as the moment I saw you there, on the ground, in the rubble. I have a girlfriend, I haven't told anyone about her. I was going to tell you all after the battle but I decided against it because it didn't feel right. It didn't feel right for me to be happy after what I did. Her name is Audrey, she is a muggleborn witch and she is amazing, we are engaged. I hate it, I hate that I am here living my life when it should be you. You should be the one that is here, you should be the one getting engaged and running your business, living your life but instead it's me and that fact will haunt me to my grave.
It should have been me Freddie. I don't deserve to be here not after what I done to this family, not after I abandoned you all for my job. You were apart of something, you meant something to so many people and me, I meant nothing, I mean nothing. You were the light in the family's darkest days and I am sure they would swap me for you any day, and I wouldn't care because I would too.
I just miss you so much, each night I hope that somehow you will come back, somehow this is all a dream but every morning I get up and you're not here, I don't have to watch my step on the floorboards for your hexes, I don't have to run the shower for at least a minute to make sure the water hasn't been dyed, I just want to be paranoid again.
Mom is cooking non-stop, dad is never here and he doesn't go to work, I've asked about him. Charlie lives here now, he wanders around the gnome infested garden and just sits in random place for hours staring at the sky. I moved back in, I felt like it was the least I could do. Bill and Fleur are pregnant with their first, it's twin boys, nobody really knows how to react.
George and Ginny seem to be struggling most. They stay locked up in her room most of the time and barely speak to anyone else, the only person Ginny will let in is Harry. Ron seems to be the only one coping, he has Hermione I suppose but I don't understand how he's doing it, he was there too. How can he sleep at night without seeing your face, without seeing your eyes. I will never forgive myself Freddie and I hope you know that.

Love Percy