TWENTY-SEVEN

New chapter, people! So I'm thinking of starting to write another book as well as this one, and I've got two basic ideas, but don't know which to choose. So I'll ask you guys!
1. Gods and campers throw Percy into Tartarus and he befriends the Styx (basically a five rivers type story)
2. Campers make Percy feel guilty, and he leaves and starts a normal life in the real world.

Both will be Pertemis stories. Message me or just comment here with responses! Do svidaniya!

"PERCY!" Artemis screamed, running over to him. But even the goddess was out paced by Percy's loyal dog. Oscar had started running the moment Percy had seemingly started floating.

"Water," Percy groaned. Artemis looked around. What was she meant to do, pull it out of thin air? Wait, Percy could do that.

"Percy, just get some out of the air, for Olympus' sake." She said, exasperated that he'd made her worry for no reason.

"Can't," the boy winced, grabbing onto a fallen branch beside him, just to try and focus on something that was not the overwhelming pain in his back. "Too much pain... To concentrate." He finished, squeezing his eyes tight shut and wishing he'd had his armour on.

Honestly, they both thought, what's the point of being able to heal if you're never in a good situation to do it?

Oscar looked at the wounds on his companions back, and started licking them, as any animal is wont to do to its wounds. Artemis was about to shoo the dog away, when Percy stopped her.

"No! Wait!" He cried. "He's making water, as insanitary as it may be," he managed to laugh out. "So unless you want to kiss it better, Arty, please let him do his thing." He smirked.

Artemis stepped back out of his field of view and blushed. Must he say things like that?

Soon, Percy jumped up, reinvigorated but slightly disgusted. Ah well, he needed it to survive. Then he realised something.

He couldn't have just been injured by nothing, he thought. He turned and looked up. So what could have...

That's when he saw the eagle in the tree. He immediately slapped his pauldron, summoning his armour, and raised his trident in one hand and Anaklusmos in the other.

But this seemed to be an ordinary bird. It was massive compared to most other birds, but obviously that was just average size for an eagle.

"Artemis..." He said in a warning tone. The goddess snapped her head up from the tracks she'd been examining, and looked at him, knowing something was wrong as soon as he didn't bother teasing her with a nickname.

She saw the eagle and scoffed. "Come on Percy, that's just a normal eagle. There's nothing here, let's go."

Percy didn't go anywhere. He stood right where he was, staring aggressively at the bird. It was just in the right place to give him an injury like the one he'd received, but it didn't add up. It's claws couldn't cause such a big wound. Unless...

Unless it could change its size.

That would explain his wound, and it wouldn't even be that preposterous of a hypothesis. He told Artemis his idea.

"Think about it, it's powers are unknown right?" Percy said, still locked in a heated staredown with the eagle. "And since, being a giant, Prometheus can change his size up to a point, it makes sense for the bird to be able to as well, to, you know, effectively feast on giant's guts." He finished his explanation, raising his eyebrows as if waiting for a compliment.

Artemis laughed. "Fine. Maybe. I'll call everybody here." She said. Percy never failed to put a smile on her face. Within a few minutes, all the hunters and animals had shown up. Artemis explained what had happened, and the current situation.