THIRTY

Whassup people, how we all doing? So, about the new story that I asked about a couple chapters ago, there seems to be a bit more support for the first option. I want to focus on this book more though, so I probably might only write 2 or 3 chapters for the new one before I get this one completed. Anyway, here's your newest chapter, enjoy!

Farvel!

As Percy walked at the head of the group alongside Artemis, he started to ponder his standings with her. She was more or less back in control of herself after what had happened to Phoebe, so she wouldn't be so eager to be around him, Percy thought. It was a pity, really. But then his mind went to something else that had been bothering him.

Soon, he dropped to the back, to talk to Alex. "Hey, man. Did you think there was anything weird with what Hestia and Arty told us? I feel something's off, but I can't figure out what..." He trailed off, getting slightly lost in his thoughts again. What could it have been?

Alex nodded. "I know what you're talking about. I was thinking about it a few minutes earlier, and it's just come to me." He said, fondling Sadie's head thoughtfully and looking off into the distance as they walked.

Percy looked at him hopefully. See, he thought, this was why his brother was the brains of the operation. Percy's battle instincts and decision making under pressure were all honed to an art due to experience, but he knew he would never be able to reason and plan as accurately as his little brother.

"It's not what they said, but more what they didn't say." Alex said, looking at Percy again. "They told us that the gods are lifting our banishment for the war, and our services are required for it, but what they didn't say was... What happens to us after?" He finished, his brows contracting in worry.

"They could banish us again, maybe even sentence us to death since they failed the first time, I guess." Percy said, his mood suddenly dampened as Alex explained his reasoning. The boys walked ahead in a sombre silence for the rest of the way, the hunters in front looking back sometimes worriedly. The boys were never in such dark moods, what was wrong?

Soon, they reached Camp Half-Blood. They were going to meet all the campers there, and then some of the gods present would flash them across to near Camp Jupiter.

Percy and Alex hesitated at the camp borders. What if the banishment hadn't been lifted yet? Would they get fried or something?

Grace walked up behind them and pushed them both forwards. Not expecting it, they both lurched forwards, and winced in anticipation, squeezing their eyes shut.

Then they opened their eyes cautiously, and breathed out a sigh of relief. Artemis, walking by them, shook her head.

"Idiots. What, you thought Zeus forgot?"

"Well, he certainly forgot when I asked him to free Calypso, didn't he?" Percy replied sassily. The hunters giggled, and Artemis couldn't help a small smile.

Thunder boomed and lightning hit the canoe lake. "Oops, guess he heard me," Percy chuckled. Then he saw all of the campers headed their way. "Alex!" He hissed.

The boys both flipped their hoods up so quickly even Artemis' eyes struggled to keep up. The hunters who had looked at the boys in confusion when Percy had spoken so urgently nodded in understanding and turned away, mentally reminding themselves not to call the boys by their real names.

Soon the campers stood in front of the hunters, the male ones steadfastly looking at anything that wasn't female, lest they lose some vital parts.

Percy could've sworn he heard someone murmur, "Wow, that's a dam nice tree," then curse when they realised most tree nymphs were female.

Alex had evidently heard as well, because he snickered, and soon the two were almost dying as they tried to contain their laughter. They could only stop when Celyn waved a scalpel at them threateningly. Why the Hades did she even have that?