THIRTY-FIVE

Hi everyone, new chapter. I've noticed that my chapters seem to be getting longer and longer. This one's a whole 2500 words. But they take a bit longer to write. So what do you think? Should I keep them a little shorter and update a bit faster, or at this length and update once about every day and a half?

Anyway, enjoy! Vale!

After about half an hour of everyone lounging around and relaxing, Annabeth looked at Hazel and nodded. It was time.

Hazel sneered. Who did Annabeth think she was? All the Romans hated her, including the daughter of Pluto. Hazel waited until she heard Percy call her.

"Mrs Zhang! We ready to go again?" He said. Hazel turned to him and nodded, and started helping Apollo again. Then she realised what he had called her, and that she had responded.

Hazel's face heated up so much that Apollo thought there was another sun god around for a second, before realising what had happened and grinning.

"Percy against Carla." Hazel said solemnly, trying to calm her flustered self down. She knew that there was only one way that this could go, and that's with Percy and Alex winning every single duel.

Annabeth frowned. That was strange. Of course, she knew the Romans hated her, but Hazel seriously hated being rude. For even Hazel to ignore her, just how badly did the Romans think of her?

Percy stepped forward, stretching. "You sure you guys don't wanna forfeit?" He said, not even facing the girl in front of him.

Carla yelled, and before they'd even called the start, she sent a lightning bolt at him, but Percy intercepted it with some water and sent the charged water at her. She went flying back, but only due to the force of the water.

"I'm a daughter of Zeus. I can conduct electricity, but it doesn't harm me, idi-" Carla was cut off by Percy's sword suddenly at her throat, and him laughing.

"Of course I knew that, it was just a distraction. Idiot." He snickered. But Carla refused to yield, and slashed at his face. But strangely, Percy let her, before sending her flying with the trident, so hard that she couldn't get up again.

"Percy wins!" Hazel called. Even though Carla was so seriously out of commission, Apollo ran to heal Percy's wound first. It was moderately deep cut running from his cheekbones down to his jaw, but Percy waved the sun god away.

"I want to see if I can get a cool scar!" He grinned. Alex slapped his head. Not this again.

Then Artemis ran up to him and slapped him, right on the cut. Percy yelled in pain. "What was that for, woman?!"

Artemis grabbed his hand. Percy was about to ask whether she really wanted to hold his hand in front of everyone, when she used said appendage to bodily throw him back to Apollo. "Go get yourself healed and stop this nonsense!" She yelled after him.

Percy groaned. "Fine..."

Meanwhile, Alex had been preparing for his next fight, against Thalia. Probably the strongest of their opponents, he wouldn't underestimate her, just in case. Although he had been able to beat her mistress, so it probably wouldn't be too hard.

They stepped into the ring, and circled each other slowly. Thalia suddenly raised Aegis, and Alex made the mistake of looking at it. Upon seeing it, he flinched, turning away, and that's when Thalia chose to strike.

She leapt at him, but forgot that Alex could sense molecules. Still with his eyes closed, Alex spun and thrust Shifter at where she was in the air. He'd only brought the spear for this duel, not bothering with the trident.