THIRTY-SIX

Whassup everybody! I just want to say one thing. To everyone who thinks I could've done better with Thalia last chapter, I'm sorry, aight? I'm not particularly good at writing yet, nor do I have much experience. I just wanted to wrap her part of the story up, and that was the only way I could think of to do it while leaving as few loose ends as possible.

So if you didn't like it, my sincerest apologies, but I really couldn't think of a better way to do it.

Anyway, without further ado, new chapter! Enjoy!

As the hunters, plus Percy and Alex, jogged through a forest, looking for a place to camp, suddenly a dracaena and a Hyperborean giant pushed through the trees.

Percy and Alex, knowing their jobs, immediately leapt into action, both jumping and about to hurl their tridents. The hunters kept on running, not bothering to even look. They knew the boys had it covered.

Then suddenly, the dracaena's voice sounded. "Stop! Perseus Jackson, we bear a message." She yelled.

Percy and Alex landed in front of her, ready to hear her out. But they kept their bodies in defensive postures, and Oscar and Sadie snarled at the monsters. They wouldn't be letting their guard down anytime soon.

"The message is from Polybotes." The dracaena began, and immediately out of Percy's mouth came one of the loudest groans known to man.

"How is he not DEAD?!"

"He is," the dracaena said sweetly.
"Our orders were to bring you this message in case of an untimely death."

"Oh."

"So, it is about Polybotes' accomplice. It is a clue to his identity." The monster said, and her Hyperborean bodyguard mumbled, "Didn't like him."

The dracaena took a breath to continue, but was stopped by Alex. "Wait. Why would our enemy give us a clue?" The son of Poseidon asked, narrowed with suspicion.

The female monster looked at him. "He said his revenge on you two if he died would be for you to fruitlessly puzzle through this clue until you die from the one it speaks of." She said darkly, a cruel smile on her face.

"Polybotes acknowledging that he might lose? That's unusual. So what's our clue?" Percy asked, looking at the dracaena.

"Do bear in mind that once the message has been delivered, you will die for crossing paths with the hunters." Alex added, grinning. He'd never fought a Hyperborean giant before, it would prove a good learning experience.

The dracaena scoffed. "No, I won't. This Hyperborean is one of the strongest of his kind. He alone will be enough to protect the both of us." She said, adjusting her armour and gesturing to the blue giant behind her, who cracked his knuckles threateningly. He must be a strong fighter indeed, Percy noted. Most Hyperboreans just played about with stuff and acted like gullible little children.

Deadly, massive, gullible little children.

Turning back to the snake woman, Percy realised that actually, she still did look a little nervous, in spite of everything she said. And no wonder. Rumours of the deadly double team of the Poseidon brothers had probably spread to the ears of monsters everywhere.

"Anyway, so what's our clue?" Percy repeated. He wanted to get this over with.

The dracaena cleared her throat. Percy rolled his eyes. As if she hadn't worked her mouth enough already by talking for her voice to be well and truly clear by now.

"This might come as a surprise to you, seeing as we're both giants, but I really hated that I had to work with the one that is my accomplice. You see, he's mostly fine, but there is one thing I really hate about him." The dracaena said, trying to make her voice like Polybotes and failing.