THIRTY-TWO

Sup guys! New chapter. I've posted the first chapter of my second book, 'The Blood of Tartarus', so pls go check that out. Enjoy!

Percy and Artemis looked at each other, then burst out laughing at the giant.

"I thought you were meant to oppose my dad, not try beat Apollo," Percy yelled, crying with laughter.

"Please, giant, you will never reach my brother's level," Artemis said, then paused. "Not that he's any good either. But that just makes it even worse for you!" She cried out, hunched over with laughter. By this point, Polybotes and his army had come out of the trees and stood facing them.

As the two laughed their heads off, Percy discreetly pointed his trident behind him and fired water out of the prongs. Hopefully Alex would sense the signal and know Polybotes was here.

Sure enough, about half an hour later every demigod showed up, ready to fight. Only to find Percy and Artemis completely clowning the giant, who looked so shocked some almost felt sorry for him.

Percy was in the middle of roasting Polybotes when they all arrived. "Boi if you don't get yo venomous dandruff and yo scaly leg lookin ass outta here!" He yelled, taking some tips from the way Blackjack sometimes made fun of pegasi who didn't like donuts.

Hazel grinned at the term she'd come up with (not sure if she said venomous dandruff exactly but close enough) and as if to prove her point, several basilisks dropped off of his head and onto the ground, killing off several of the monsters in his immediate surroundings.

Then Percy and Artemis got their fun interrupted by a very unwelcome voice. "If you lovebirds are done, can we get to fighting?"

Both Percy and Artemis went red, and each noticed the other's reaction as well as their own. Then they realised who spoke, and looked at each other, their facial expressions telling each other what they were thinking.

That foolish girl, Annabeth?

Yep.

Destroy her later?

Destroy her later.

They turned back to the giant and his army, but Polybotes seemingly had a proposition to make. "SONS OF POSEIDON! FACE ME IN SINGLE COMBAT, AND I WILL SPARE YOUR FRIENDS!" He roared, knowing the fatal flaw all children of his nemesis possessed was personal loyalty. They would charge in blindly if it meant keeping their friends safe.

Alex and Percy looked at each other, nodded, and started walking towards the giant. The massive army parted before them like the Red Sea, and formed a long, long pathway to the thirty foot tall giant standing at the back.

Percy and Alex sighed, and started the long walk towards the giant. Artemis put her hand on Percy's arm. "Percy, you can't just go!" She exclaimed.

Percy smiled at her. "Then come with," he said, Alex nodding in the background. "We'll need you to deal the finishing blow once we win." He grinned, and the three set off.

"HOLD IT!" Polybotes roared. "What's she doing with you? As far as I'm aware, I asked for sea spawns, and Artemis is a child of Zeus." He said, folding his arms.

Percy clapped as he would for a toddler. "Correct! Well done, Poly-boy. She's here so that when we win, we can send you back in the pit where your ugly head belongs."

Polybotes huffed, but allowed it. Once they were halfway there, he grinned and yelled," You fools! It was a trap the whole time!"

Suddenly, monsters closed in on them from every side. The three rolled their eyes.