Chapter 1: Why me?

Paige's POV

Have you ever gotten an amber alert? I mean we all had. Let me ask you a more specific question. Have you ever gotten one about yourself? Let me be honest I had no idea what an amber alert was until I got one that day. I mean let's face it we don't care about those 'trash texts.' This time was different. It was no ordinary amber alert. It was about me.
-----------------------------------

"Paige I love your dance wear!" Chloe compliments me as we drive to the studio. It was the sunniest day of the year and I was spending it in a sweaty dance room! Hooray! Note my sarcasm.

"Thanks!" I respond with a grin. We make our way to the ALDC parking lot and unstrap our seat belts.

"Hi Paige and Chloe!" Abby greets us as we walk in. The whole 'mean thing' is just for the show. Abby actually is a sweetheart.

"Hey!" We say in unison. We walk over to the dancer's den. The room is pretty spacious, but the top shelves are cluttered with a bunch of trophies hanging around. I smile as I remember some of the dances we did by looking at each trophy. Some were for the Senior's but most trophies were ours.

"Hey!" I greet the girls. Abby walks in with an evil grin on her face. Surely, the cameras were following her.

"This week we will be doing a dance called Amber Alert. We did it for nationals, but this time I want to make it better since you guys are now two years older. We nod our heads. I was now 16 and Chloe was 15, along with Maddie 14, Brooke 19, Kalani and Nia almost 16, Kendall 14, and lastly Kenzie a minute 12 year old. To be perfectly honest we all are pretty similar to when we did the original dance. I still have my long blonde hair and my big blue eyes. I still had a passion for dance and I think I'm pretty outgoing...

All of a sudden I hear a ring that brought me out of my thought and I check my phone.

-Amber Alert. A young girl named Paige Mackenzie Hyland has gone missing. She is around 5'4 has blond hair and blue eyes. She is currently 16. If you see her please contact the police immediately.

I look up in a gruesome matter. I was horrified and confused. I'm right here I'm not kidnapped. This is like a horror movie and I'm the victim that asks the murderer, " Is anyone home?"

"Mmmm...iii...sss Abby?" I stutter.

"Paige are you all right?" She questions. All of a sudden everyone including Miss Abby gets the same amber alert. I can feel my palms sweating so violently that I think my phone will slip out. I can't cry. Not after everything that's happened to me. Not after my dad left and I rarely see my siblings. If I'd cry then I would never stop and turn into a puddle of tears. If I cry it would make me weak.

"It could be a mistake?" Maddie trys to reassure me unsurely. She's always the one looking at the brighter side while I wish I could. She's Ms.Perfect with her hair always in the perfect bun, never cries, and Abby's favorite since the beginning.

All I could think about was why me?

An:Above is Paige's dance wear. It took me forever to find it lol! Please read my book Pretty Tragedy! If you comment your traits you can be in it! I so excited for this book 4 likes and 2 comments for next chapter!

Dance moms: Amber Alert ( a Paige Hyland, Chloe Lukasiak, Maddie Ziegler, Kenzie Ziegler, Kalani Hillker, Brooke Hyland, Nia Frazier, Kendall Vertes fanfic) ~DM AWARDS WINNER!!!Where stories live. Discover now