Chapter 11: Paranoid

Please read author's note!

Paige's POV

My heart pounded out of my chest. Was this the end of my life? A teenager- a minute teen- with such a short life? This never showed up in my fortune cookie!

The noise grew louder and louder indicating the kidnapper was coming closer. I can't take this anymore. What do I have to live for? My most loved person- my brother- was killed, and it still rattled my mind. Every second I imagine his pale face terrified, but still heroic and gave up his life by not ratting me out. It's my fault. Here I come Josh. That very moment I heard the shaking of the bush right in front of me.

"It's over just take me." I spoke clear and faked my bravery. I wanted to take in this very moment, this very last second to admire what I never looked deep into. The azure sky overhead, the grass that tickled my ankles, even the scrawny trees and bushes.

I do not hear a response. It's like the world was still- as if it had been paused. Like giving me a chance to run away. The trees don't sway like they used to before.

A white paw peeks from the discolored bush revealing a jubilant bunny hopping around, almost mocking me. I'm paranoid! It was just a fluffy rabbit. I stand up and rub the dirt off my filthy clothes that had been ripped from my falls previous and from being worn out. If that wasn't the sick minded kidnapper, then his ruthlessness was still out there somewhere searching for me.

I carry on my journey like nothing happened, but I try to distract myself from the reality. I can't be weak and cry over the death of one when millions die a day. I then realize that I'm starving and my supplies- once again- are completely empty. I needed to find a river desperately.

I start to walk forward in the direction of the sign that I can see on the right of me through the spaces between the spaces of the trees. The walk was perpetual and monotonous.

All of a sudden I come across some tracks. I try to identify what kind of animal would make such mark, but they seem a bit red and human made. I follow the track to see an arrow on one of the red marks. I bent down to see that the red substance was blood. My heart starts to pump faster and faster like how one of my panic attacks start. The marks were arrows and someone was here.

From the swaying trees a note drifts and lands right in front of me. How peculiar!

YOU'RE NEXT
YOURS TRULY,
NAPPER

NAPPER must mean kidnapper! The note in my hand slips out of my own terror. My expression tremulous. The perfect uppercase letters matched my brother's handwriting! How was this possible? Whose blood was on the arrow head? So many question came to my brittle perplexed mind, but sadly no answers. This means that the kidnapper knows where I am, and I'm not safe. My arms tremble besides me and I run. Hot tears drop down my face and lets the dirt stick onto my shirt that the kidnapper gave me. Is Josh alive? I want him safe, as long as he's okay I'm okay. I grab the arrow head and begin to run as fast as I can.

After I'm too tired to move I find a bunch of fallen leaves and pile them together. By now the night was dark and my stomach empty. I made a makeshift bed to sleep for tonight, but hopefully it wouldn't give a clue to the kidnapper that I was here. I shut my eyes, but I can't sleep. All that I see in my head is the note falling from the tree, the blood, and the noise of the gunshot that took my brother's life- if he even is dead. I think about Brooke. I wonder if she sheds a tear. My mind eventually too exhausted to think further shuts down, and I go into an utter deep sleep. The only noise that awakes me was the sound of a girl. At first it is just a ringing, too high pitched to understand, but it turns into a yelp for help. It sounds like a dear friend, almost like... MADDIE.

"Maddie!" I call out, "Oh Maddie what have I done?" I cry, "I ruined everything," I whispered and sobbed. My vision blurs and I collapse on the floor. I'm hallucinating since I don't have any water. The high pitched noise was just birds chirping. I don't think I can last long without the proper materials. The sun was barely risen, but I had to keep moving.

I heard a light dripping noise and grinned. I followed the noise to a stream of fresh water. I grabbed my water purifier I made and decided I need a bag for everything. I grab the arrowhead and shoot it at an incoming animal. I didn't care anymore I just wanted to live. It turned out to be a baby deer, a perfect material to make a sack out of.

I remove the arrow from the bloody tiny creature. I feel a slight sympathy for it was only a small child, but I can't stop now. I find some twigs that are scattered and begin making the bag.
It takes about an hour, but it was sturdy and would work perfectly for if I had to run. I take out my purifier and fill it up with water. I gulp it down to the last drop and fill it up once more for later. I take the remains of the deer and start a fire. This would be good for a few days.

The warmth of the fire is satisfying, but it has light so I would be a quick target. I quickly cook the meat and start to eat it. I've never eaten a deer before, and let me just say it was an awful experience. I almost gagged, but my stomach was so starved that I ate most of it and stuffed some in the backpack. My worst mistake I left the fire lit.

An: Hey guys! I'm so sorry for the long wait. I actually just got into a huge singing contest and I'm really excited. Even though I didn't get my goals I just really wanted to update because you guys deserve it. Can we get 40 likes, 20 comments and 300 views for more? If you like this please check out my other books. Also I'm writing this new book called Wigs and this is the description.

When you spend all your time in the hospital you start to loose hope. A wig can hide the truth of my bald head as good as a fake smile can mislead.

When Taylor- a cancer patient for five years- finds out her best friend Laura had had cancer for a year and is in critical condition, she finds just how misleading a wig could be. Could it be enough to make her take her own wig off and show her true colors?

Dance moms: Amber Alert ( a Paige Hyland, Chloe Lukasiak, Maddie Ziegler, Kenzie Ziegler, Kalani Hillker, Brooke Hyland, Nia Frazier, Kendall Vertes fanfic) ~DM AWARDS WINNER!!!Where stories live. Discover now