Chapter 12: Back to Brooke

Please read author's note it's important. Also feel free to comment any random comedic or anything that comes to mind when you read this...
and on to the story!!!

Brooke's POV

My phone had a deluge of amber alerts. Most of them were for Paige, but a few were for me. I had came to a conclusion that the alerts were warnings that we would be kidnapped, but I'm already aware, so how could it be a warning? Maybe there's someone else out there sending these alerts. My mom was emotionally unstable. She sat at her room all day staring off into the distance perfectly still like a statue.

It's been weeks now and it started getting despondent that Paige would return. I was left to hang up the posters by my self, but it wasn't too bad since it was September and autumn was just beginning. I grabbed my sweatshirt and posters and walked around town. By surprise, Nolan joined me and helped put up the posters. It was pretty warm for a mid September day, reaching about 77 degrees Fahrenheit.

"How are you Brooke?" Nolan asked in a way that was comforting.

"My siblings are all gone, one moved away and one is kidnapped, how do you think I feel?" I snapped. I had almost no sleep staying up all night thinking about Paige, hence why I'm so cranky.

"Sorry that was a stupid question." He apologized.

"Worst of all Paige thinks I have a personality disorder. I do care about her, she's all I have left since Josh left and mom's you know." I replied hurt.

"You have me," he smiled, "I'd never leave you." I grinned back slightly. "Listen Brooke, I want you to take your mind off Paige and come with me to Martha's Vineyards for two weeks." This news was shocking to hear. Paige was gone and all he cared about was going away and leaving everything behind, I mean I'd love to go, but now is not the time to abandon my family.

"Nolan you're amazing but I can't abandon everyone now. My mom's broken and my dad left so I have to provide, plus Paige is who knows where and I just can't I'm sorry."

"I understand, but I feel like I'm putting everything into this relationship and you keep turning everything down." He responded.

"Nolan it's not like that, it's just that it won't be a vacation until Paige is safe."

He sighed, "Okay, I will find Paige if it's the last thing I shall ever do."

"Shall?"

"I shall say what every my heart shall desire." He gave his deep goofy grin and I just had to laugh. He always could cheer me up even at times like this.

"You know what? Vacay is what I need right now."

"Really?" He smiled.

"Yeah I guess you're right I do have to keep my mind off things." We walked to some wooden poles connected to the lights on top that light up the city at night. The posters just said how she was lost and her description. If I read it I would have broken into tears.

After an hour of hanging up posters, and I walked back to my mom's house. I've been spending a lot of time there instead of my own apartment due to Paige's disappearance. She was seated on the same couch in the same position staring off into the distance since this morning. I had to soup the cereal in her mouth!

Just then the news turned on.

This just in! The police saw a stray house that was abandoned with a dead boy. He looked around the age of 18 and we are going into inspection. He looked a little like Paige Hyland's brother- the girl on Dance Moms from Lifetime. Authorities say they haven't seen him in years and he was working. This case is still open.

My mind raced with thoughts. I wanted to cry but I didn't know if it was him. Paige was gone and this whole time Josh could be dead. I wanted to break everything in this room. Nolan was right, I can't be here. Not when I see my mom as dull as she is right now. Not when the smell upstairs lingers of Paige's floral perfume.

I ran out the door without my mom saying a word.

I knocked on the brown door with a gold shiny number 12A.

"Brooke." Nolan said shocked.

"I came back. So when do we leave you never really told me."

"Two weeks." He smiled.

"Did you see the news?" I sighed.

"Yeah. Do you want to come in?"

"Yeah forgot about that."

"Yeah."
~~~~~
*1 week later*

Jordie- my roommate- came over to our big slick black couch to watch the news. We all were very apprehensive since its takes one week to analyze DNA and for the police to make the final conclusion.

...And now for the abandoned house mystery.

"Hush! It's on!"

Last week we presented the case with the murdered boy and found out that he was only unconscious. He is in fact Josh Hyland of the Hyland residence and has lost all memory. The issue seems like he was drugged to forget everything. This is Tally Kyle and off to you Murray.

My mouth hung open with shock, and then came the water works. Josh- my own blood was knocked unconscious and most likely drugged. I took a breath to realize it could of been worst, but my mind was still disappointed. Nolan and Jordie tried to comfort me, but I got all cranky and upset that I just stormed off and slamed the door of my room. I just wanted to be alone in my empty room.

The turquoise walls soothed me, the reason why I chose the color, and I turned on my tiny TV to the only show that could cure me; The Suite Life of Zack and Cody. It was my entire childhood and watching it reminded me of the jubilant moments the three of us Hylands playing in the backyard pretending to be them. We were weird but we were close. I could faintly hear the news playing in the other room.

Forest fire in the woods with unknown cause burns trees and leaves to be completely vacant. No berries or animals insight the area. Witnesses say a forest girl started it, but ran away. Some say this 'forest girl' was being chased. This is another interesting case fresh from Pittsburgh Plot News.

I then tiredly drifted to sleep ignoring this nonsense news, not knowing how important it actually was.

An: Hey! Just wanted to update although lately the goals haven't been reached. I love to write this so I'm updating but please help me reach my goals.

30 likes/ 15 comment for more!

IMPORTANT!!! WIGS IS UP AND IT WOULD MEAN SOOOO MUCH IF YOU GUYS READ IT! PLEASE GET IT TO 8 LIKES FOR A NEW UPDATE!

^^ sorry for the self promo but why not?

JUST WANTED TO SAY THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH FOR 8k!!! I ONLY HAVE 12 PARTS!!!!! I LOVE WRITING THIS AND SEEING THIS FEEDBACK MAKES ME SO HAPPY!

Dance moms: Amber Alert ( a Paige Hyland, Chloe Lukasiak, Maddie Ziegler, Kenzie Ziegler, Kalani Hillker, Brooke Hyland, Nia Frazier, Kendall Vertes fanfic) ~DM AWARDS WINNER!!!Where stories live. Discover now