Chapter 2: Dealing with it

Paige's POV

So like I said the amber alert was about me. Abby still started class, but I told the producers if they showed the amber alert I'd sue them. Classic Paige.

"On the bottom of the pyramid for the very first time is Maddie. You lost. That's all I can say," tears swelled in Maddie's eyes. For once I wasn't on the bottom. I actually did pretty well in the group dance. I can't help a smile sneak in. It's not like I don't like Maddie, but for once I'm not on the bottom, and that was the first time I saw Ms. Perfect cry.

"Next is Kenzie. You didn't stick out. It was just okay. We have Kendall who got second. You beat Maddie, but you didn't win. Next we have Chloe. You need to use those acting skills. Nia your facials were great, though your technique is certainly lacking. Paige you did amazing in the group dance, but there's always those sickled feet. Second on the pyramid is Kalani. You definitely stood out as the lead. On the top is Brooke. You won your division." I smiled at my older sister. Her solo was a ballet routine, something different, but still beautiful. Chloe smiled as well, she was always supportive to everyone and was a great sport.

We started to do the dance Amber Alert. It was extremely hard. We were now in the teen category since Kenzie, Maddie, Chloe and basically everyone are teens except for Brooke. I was the lead for once and I was getting abducted. It's so funny how Abby's dances always relate to what's happening. I get an amber alert about myself and we get an amber alert dance.

--------------------

The drive home was long and monotonous. You could practically hear the awkwardness.

"Mom I got an amber alert on my phone." I quietly inform her. It's all I could manage. To be perfectly honest I'm not the most outgoing person, especially with my mother. The odd thing was my mom was extremely outgoing. Don't let her age fool you, she's a party animal.

"That's fine honey."

"You don't understand. It was about me!" I hand her my phone. Good thing I was driving. She looked at my phone and tensed. Was there some secret I didn't know? Just the thought made me sick to my stomach.

"It's probably somebody messing with you. Ignore it."She replied not convincingly. The way she said it so sternly made my stomach go in knots. Being myself and always jumping into conclusions, I assumed the worst possible scenario. I was in the car with a twisted minded kidnapper. I decide to go visit Brooke at her house later. It would take my mind off things, and maybe she knows something. All I know is that this is NOT a joke. Something's off.

An: 60 views and 6 likes for more. If you like this check out my other books!

Dance moms: Amber Alert ( a Paige Hyland, Chloe Lukasiak, Maddie Ziegler, Kenzie Ziegler, Kalani Hillker, Brooke Hyland, Nia Frazier, Kendall Vertes fanfic) ~DM AWARDS WINNER!!!Where stories live. Discover now