Chapter 3: Another Alert

Paige's POV

After I dropped my mom at our tiny house, I drove to Brooke's house. When I arrived I got another text. I assumed it was Brooke's boyfriend telling me that I could come over. Nolan and her weren't married or anything, but they have a promise ring. They live in a different house with a friend to help pay rent. It's pretty small, but it's full of beautiful art which makes it feel colossal. I've always loved her house, and secretly envied how they were the perfect couple.

-Amber alert. Brooke Hyland around 5'1 is missing. She has brown long hair and is currently 19. She has blue eyes. If seen call the police immediately.-

My hands barely could clench the phone. It's one thing about getting an amber alert about yourself, and feeling insane, but when it happens to more than one person in your family, it's enough to make you feel like you've lost something. My heart was thudding repulsively. This never happened to anyone before. I couldn't describe this feeling I had at this moment.

"Brooke!" I scream.

"Yeah!" She replies.

"Check this out." I hand her my iPhone 9. I absolutely adored it. Stop thinking about your phone Paige, you and your sister might die.

"I don't understand. What is this!" She responds scared and apprehensive. She was always the one to panic. One time she got a splinter and fainted. True story.

"Jordan come here!" She yells calling her best friend and roommate.

"Gosh Brooke I was about to take a shower! It better be important!" Jordan snaps. Jordan was the more rebel, tomboy type of girl. Don't let her blonde hair and blue eyes fool you.

"Jordie look at this! Are you some kind of kidnapper?" Jordan peers at the phone. She, just like my mom, tensed. I think it was because this was such a serious matter.

"Me? For goodness sake it could be your stupid boyfriend!" She screams. These fights were common with them. They had a love- hate relationship. The next few minutes curse words flew around. It got pretty intense. Jordan ended up leaving and another amber alert came on my phone.

-Paige Hyland is missing. She may possibly be dead. Contact police if seen.-

What is this? Do they realize they are texting me? I'm Paige! I fidget with my white strings on my shirt. I was so perplexed and scared I didn't know what to do. Inside I look as serene as a beautiful beach scene, but inside my fear was attacking me. It was like it was deteriorating my mind and then filling it was dark thoughts. Something like this could scar me for life. I grab my phone to see a text from Maddie. I take in a breath of relief. I think I'm getting paranoid because when my text tone rang I jumped.

-Did you get the Brooke amber alert?- Madz

-Yeah I'm scared- Paige

-What do you think is happening?- Madz

-Idk can we stay with you?- Paige

-Sure-Madz

-Thanks so much!- Paige

I turned my phone off without texting my mom.

I didn't need to tell my mom where I was going, and frankly I can't trust anyone that I had lived with. I was relieved that I could stay with one of my best friends away from all the hectic things going on probably in my own home. Brooke and I were going to stay with the Zieglers.

An: Paige's outfit is above. If my other book Pretty Tragedy gets 8 likes and 80 views I'll update.

Dance moms: Amber Alert ( a Paige Hyland, Chloe Lukasiak, Maddie Ziegler, Kenzie Ziegler, Kalani Hillker, Brooke Hyland, Nia Frazier, Kendall Vertes fanfic) ~DM AWARDS WINNER!!!Tempat cerita menjadi hidup. Temukan sekarang