Chapter 18: Behind Bars

Recap
"How did you end up there?" she asked as we drove back. I didn't speak. I couldn't believe Emma would pretend Josh was there and then... and then just use my love for family as bait.

"It's Emma and I want her locked up behind bars,"

My uncle Pat was a successful lawyer in New York, so when my mom actually explained the situation he decided to help. The plan was to get Emma behind bars for bullying. Now I know she should be locked in for much more than that, but we didn't have evidence of anything rather than the bullying.

Our school is supplied with security cameras that also pick up sound. If we could get ahold of the videotape then Emma would be locked up and I would finally be safe from everybody.

Brooke and Jordie drove down to New York to pick up Uncle Pat and returned shortly in the Honda with him. I rushed outside to greet him with a hug. He walks inside with me, and kindly greets my mother, and we sit down at the table. He splatters paperwork and past evidence across the table. It was a classic brown table with small decals engraved in different colors. Windows were behind it that lit up the room, that and the light cream color of the walls.

"Okay Paige, if you want to file and win the trial, then we're going to need lots of evidence," then he shows and explains the evidence that he used in past cases. "Now if you have any ideas besides the video, then we need a witness and we're set," he explained.

"Thank you Uncle Pat, you really don't have to do this," I smiled and he answered,

"Yes I do if it means keeping my niece safe,"

***
Two days later we went to my school to ask for the tape, but Principal Rally rudely declined. The tape was what we needed so badly, and I was going to get it.

I asked Brooke to give me a ride and she accede to my request.

Pittsburgh High School, the very original name of my high school, was not necessarily large or minute. It was a standard, ordinary school filled with ordinary teens, except for me. I remember when I blended in with the rest, before all this started. When I walked around the halls to the principal's office I remembered my fear of the older kids as a freshmen. I was completely ordinary; I was an ordinary small, scared freshie, and now I was the weird one accused of murder by my classmates.

When I reached the modern, all black and white office of the principal, I searched high and low for the security tape. Until I saw a flash drive by the computer that was labeled "Security footage" how convenient.

I kind of wished I had been smarter and thought my plan more throughly, but I took the easy way out and grabbed the USB and ran.
***
I pulled out the flash drive and plugged it into my laptop. I scrolled down and found the USB and opened it. To my surprise it was blank excluding one file named Now I got footage of you. I opened it underneath the title was a dash followed by Emma Phillips. I was foreboding that I had fell in a trap that I was too blind to see.

An: Sorry for the lack of updates I'm trying to get better I promise but a lots been going on right now.

WHO DONE IT IS NOMINATED FOR AWARDS ON DMFanfictionAwards  so if u want please support me! I LOVE YOU GUYS!
Xo Juliet <3

You've reached the end of published parts.

⏰ Last updated: Apr 10, 2016 ⏰

Add this story to your Library to get notified about new parts!

Dance moms: Amber Alert ( a Paige Hyland, Chloe Lukasiak, Maddie Ziegler, Kenzie Ziegler, Kalani Hillker, Brooke Hyland, Nia Frazier, Kendall Vertes fanfic) ~DM AWARDS WINNER!!!Where stories live. Discover now