Chapter 16: Home

The familiar garden; the white gated perimeter, it overjoyed me. The memories were starting to blur and when I knocked on the door I was never so happy to see my mother. She was on the phone and when she saw my smile she dropped it and grabbed me into the largest hug imaginable. Tears of joy overwhelmed us literally dropping off our faces.

After what it seemed an hour she picked up the phone and called Brooke. I knew everyone wanted to know everything and I wanted to know everything about what happened when I was gone.

"Paige... I thought... I thought I lost you," she sniffles.

"I missed you... so much... more," I bawled. She drive to my mom's house with Jordie and Nolan.

So that whole day was just a cry feast, a good one, but I didn't talk; I couldn't talk, because when I tried to open my mouth I got all choked up remembering it all; remembering especially what my father had said.

"Oh honey, it's far from over," and I truly thought that it wasn't.

The jubilance did come to an end as the  moon set and the sun rose. My mom served me breakfast in bed and Brooke and Jordie slept over. Nolan joined us and gave me another big ol' squeeze, but I knew what they were trying to do; they wanted me to talk.

I knew they wanted the best so they could find the guy or girl and get them where they belong, behind bars, but it was too tragic.

Later that day a detective arrived to our house. He was a very short man with dark brown hair and dark hazel eyes. He had a few wrinkles on his forehead, probably from all the cases he's done, he was probably in his late forties, and he was dressed in a slightly different traditional detective outfit that I expected.

"Hello Hyland family," he spoke with authority once my mother opened the door. "I'm Detective Albert Albrew and I'd like to speak to Paige if that's alright with you.

"Paige," she motioned me to him.

"If it's alright I'd like to talk to her...alone," he said as they backed away. My mom gave me a comforting gesture and left.

"If it's okay with you I'd like to talk about the past month," he talked softly as we sat down at a brown table in the living room.

I nodded my head slowly.

"Good, how did it all start?" He quieter taking out a pen and paper.

"It started in... in..." I started to shake my heart thumping loudly.

"It's okay! It's.. okay," he slowly got softer.

"... in the fall. I was at Maddie Ziegler's house. You know the rich one? Anyway, she was friends with this new girl, Emma, and she said she liked Josh, but he's dead... at least... that's what I thought until I saw him again... but then I thought he was shot... but then he was alive but hurt... and then,"

"Woah woah woah woah! SLOW down," he adjusted his pen and paper and I gave him a disapproving look.

"Okay but you have to stop writing this down it makes me... uncomfortable," I was so quiet that I was barely audible.

"Sorry,"

"Okay. So Emma told me to run around the streets yelling "I'm awesome" and it didn't turn out so well,"

Dance moms: Amber Alert ( a Paige Hyland, Chloe Lukasiak, Maddie Ziegler, Kenzie Ziegler, Kalani Hillker, Brooke Hyland, Nia Frazier, Kendall Vertes fanfic) ~DM AWARDS WINNER!!!Where stories live. Discover now