Destined!!!

Bela's POV:

Passing through the green and yellow sunflower fields his car stopped by the Nuggikeri lake...

It was around 11am in morning and we could still hear the Nuggikeri Hanuman temple bells...wind was blowing carelessly, sun shining brightly on a cool Sunday morning...

We got down from the car and sat on a small seat by the banks of the lake...

Only temple bells, winds and pin drop silence...

I heard Mahir clear his throat while I looked at him...

'You are good?' he asked and I nodded my head...

Again there was pin drop silence...

He ruffled his hair and turned towards me and said ...

'Look Bela... I don't beat around the bush...I don't do round and round ringa roses!

Straight and crisp!

Yes...I have sent the proposal for marriage which you are free to reject but as much as I think your father will not let you do that.
He cancelled your wedding with Rehaan because I said yes to this wedding!'

'And you think that makes you my almighty Mr Mahir Sehgal?' I asked while tears spilled out of my eyes while I was looking at the deep bluish green water of Nuggikeri lake...

He turned around and said...
'No Bela...I don't want to be anyone's god..I just want you to be happy'

'And what makes you think I'll be happy with this Mahir??

Aapko koi zarurat nahi thi itna mahaan banne ki... (You need not have done this great favour)

Mere liye mera bhagwan banne ki... (You need not have been my almighty)'

And I tried hard but couldn't control my tears...

They kept flowing non stop!!

While next second I saw a hand offering me a handkerchief...

Mahir nodded and took my hand and kept the kerchief in my hand...

I soaked my tears in that little handkerchief...

'Im not trying to be your god here Bela...

Neither am I the god types!!!

I'm a simple man who has faced his own struggles, had his own share of problems, failures and rejections... I know how it feels being forced to get married just because your bride rejects you and runs away a night before your wedding... And your family forces you to get married to her sister who has her own dreams and ambitions!!!'

I am shocked by this reveal...I'm confused too...I look at his face...

While I see a faraway look in his eyes which were brimming with tears...

'Yes Bela... Ruhi rejected me just one night before wedding because she said she was not sure!!!

Yup!!! Not sure after 7 years of relationship! She said... I'm not giving her time and probably romance has died between us and she doesn't feel like dragging this body without soul relationship any further!!

And she doesn't have the audacity to tell it onto my face... she shoves me a stupid letter on the dressing table keeping our engagement ring and leaves to Toronto!

I was shattered!

Her parents were beyond excellence!

Like a tv serial they asked me to marry Juhi! Ruhi's younger sister. That little kid still doing her 12th not even 18... Oh God that disaster!!!