Broken💔.... but Beautiful ❤️

Bela's POV:

I don't know why I felt my pain and heartbreak was nothing compared to what Mahir went through...

Probably because mine was one sided and he was in a relationship for 5 big years with Ruhi and she cheated big time on him...

But then heyyy they were going to get married 😕

Did he give her another chance??? Even after she shattered his trust??? 🥺😳

I looked at Mahir who was looking at the little budding Aloevera plant in our balcony...

I stepped closer to him...
'Mahir... If you don't mind...can I ask you something?'

To which he smiled and said...
'That even after this why did I agree to marry Ruhi?? Correct???'

And I silently nodded.

He smiled...

'Do you see this Aloevera plant Bela... It has thorns... But even then it's medicinal... We apply it on a cut to stop blood flow... But then we forget it also thorns... Our minds are just like this Bela...when blinded with love...I was madly in love with Ruhi... She left me and after 6 months came back one fine morning
..

Flashback begins...

I had shifted to Hyderabad as I got a better job opportunity with a higher package...

New house new life... Although I still had old wounds still bleeding...
That's when one day we had a doctor's team visit us and I was shocked to see Ruhi in that team. She was the one who ditched me saying that Vivek guy was rich AF and he'll sponsor her education, he'll not let her work and here she was with a junior doctors who come for usual checkups in IT companies. She tried to hide from me and honestly I had enough so I went home. I kept seeing her next 3 days in the company's cafeteria where the camp was put up for yearly checkup for all employees.
I happened to go for giving my blood sample for annual checkup and my eyes met hers. She looked sad and pale. There was no exchange of words.

However a week later one night I heard a knock on my door and I opened it only to be pulled into a bone crushing hug by Ruhi...

She begged and apologised...
I was in no mood to forgive her but she said Vivek's father disagreed for their marriage and had no other option but to migrate to Hyderabad as her dad also disowned her post her relationship with Vivek.

'I have moved on Ruhi'

'You are lying Mahir...I still see the love and care in your eyes...'

'Ruhi please...even if I want I can never forgive you for what you have done.. you cheated upon me...I'm sorry Ruhi'

'Mahir please...I have nowhere to go...I joined that job only to fill my stomach...I am homeless...I stay in a working hostel... please Mahir... Let's give another chance to our relationship'

I looked at her in disbelief...

'You want to be with me again because you can't stay in a hostel??? I'm sorry Ruhi...and anyways..I stay in a 1bhk apartment here...I can't stay with you here...I'm answerable to my house owner...'

'Tell him I'm your fiance'

'Shutup Ruhi...you are no one to me...and I'm done with you...so please leave!!!'

'Mahir... sorry...I told na it was a mistake... please Mahir...one chance'

'Leave Ruhi!!!'

'One mistake is bigger against our 5 years relationship right...fine then... Vivek left me....dad left me... Now you also don't want me...why should I live?'
saying she ran towards my kitchen area and began searching for something... I ran to her while she picked a sharp knife...