²⁸ Quidditch Practice

☆UNEDITED☆

Published on 13th March 2021, 9:50 am, IST

²⁸ Quidditch Practice

"Oh, fuck it!"

━━━━☆━━━━

☆    JAMES POTTER was on his way to Quidditch practice.

    He had just answered a strange question from Sirius.

    It was weird, but it felt nice; to get everything he felt about Lily off of his chest and put them into words.

    He did realise in the last school year that Lily would never love him back, but he had lived in blissful ignorance to spare him the heartache.

    But today, he had ripped the Band-Aid off.

    He flew into the pitch, freezing when he saw Lily Evans in the stands with a book in her hands.

    Looking bloody gorgeous, he thought, with pink-tinged cheeks and laughing eyes, which seemed to light up at the sight of him.

    She waved frantically at him, her lips drawn into a wide smile.

    Her soft, rosy, delicious and plump-looking lips.

    James broke off from the trance he was in when his teammate, Gwenog Jones, tapped on his shoulder.

    "Shall we release the balls?"

    James nodded, then gave a quick wink at Lily, making her blush before running off.

━━━━☆━━━━

    The practice had just finished, and James glanced once more at the stands, grinning when he saw Lily still there.

    He decided to talk to her after he changed.

    Lily got up from her seat as soon as she saw James heading towards the changing rooms.

    She had come to the conclusion that summer.

    She was going to tell James.

    She opened the door to the room and froze at the next sight she saw.

    Blood rushed to her cheeks, her face redder than her hair at the sight of James Potter's completely bare and shirtless back.

    His back was still glimmering in sweat, and he ran a hand through his hair, causing Lily to let out a very audible groan.

    James turned in surprise to meet her, gaping at seeing her there.

    "Lily!" he blushed, his mouth still gaping at her.

    Holy Merlin, he better shut that mouth before Lily combusted.

    "I- I was. . ." Lily trailed off, averting her eyes from his shirtless body.

    "Yes. . .?" He asked, prompting her to continue, stepping closer to her.

    Lily cleared her throat, struggling to keep her eyes away, but failing, they always returned to his chest. "I. . . needed to talk to you."

    James smiled sat on a bench, patting the seat beside him, motioning her to sit down.

    Lily sat down.

    "What's up?"

    Lily really needed to say something.

    James frowned, noticing her red face.

    "Lily. . . What's wrong?" He asked. "Are you sick? You look a little red." He put a palm on her forehead, checking her temperature, she turned redder.

    Lily couldn't hold it in anymore.

    "Oh, fuck it!" She groaned herself. She grabbed James' cheeks and pulled his face to hers into a kiss.

    James froze, lying still against Lily's lips.

    She awkwardly let go after James didn't do anything back.

    "I am so sorry!" She groaned, getting up to leave.

    James still sat on the bench, completely dumbstruck.

    Did Lily Evans just kiss him?

    She did.

    Does that mean she likes him?

    The action finally dawned on James, and he bolted up the bench, a humungous grin present on his face.

    "Lily, wait!" He grabbed her hand as she opened the door to leave.

    "Wha-"

    James' lips were on her before she could get a word out.

    Lily responded quickly, her nimble fingers removing James' glasses from his face and wrapping her arms around his neck.

    They broke off, both smiling, and rest their forehead against each other.

    "Let's do that again." James whispered.

    "Okay."

    They met their lips in a second kiss.

    "Potter!" He heard a teammate call.

    James gave her a wink before dashing off, leaving Lily a blushing mess.

    James ran to the Gryffindor common room as fast as he could, he had to tell Sirius what had happened.

    He entered their dorm room, frowning when he saw that it was empty.

    "Where could he be-" He stopped when he saw the marauders' map, still laying open.

    "How could Sirius be so careless?" He huffed and was about to close the map when he saw Sirius' name in a classroom with Rin.

    "Is Sirius still tutoring Rin? I thought it was over since last year."

    He shrugged and dashed off to the classroom, still very giddy about what had happened at practice.

    He slammed the door open.

   "Hey, Padfoot! Guess what! I- WHAT THE FU-"

━━━━☆━━━━

This is gonna be the last update in three weeks as I said in the last chapter!My exams are starting so I won't be updating any of my books, but I'll still reply on msg boards and stuff (kind of like a semi-hiatus)Love you all!

My exams are starting so I won't be updating any of my books, but I'll still reply on msg boards and stuff (kind of like a semi-hiatus)
Love you all!

Kathu