⁰¹ Welcome Home

UNEDITED

Published on 14th October, 10:29pm, IST

⁰¹ Welcome Home

"I'm glad you're safe

"I'm glad you're safe. Welcome home"

━━☆━━

IT WAS past midnight. Everything was dark, silent, and asleep at the Potter household when there was a faint knock at the door.

After a few moments of nobody responding to it, the knocks began to get harsher, louder.

In her bedroom, Nesrin I-will-hex-you-if-you-call-me-Nessie Potter's eyes snapped open. She had been woken up by a faint noise, though it may have been louder if not for her closed-door which had muffled the sounds. She'd always been a light sleeper.

She waited for a few moments to make sure that the noise had been real and not her sleep ridden mind playing tricks on her before getting out of bed and softly padding downstairs to the front door.

She peeked out through the curtained windows by the door to see a tall figure knocking on the door with a shaking hand. His sharp, handsome features were faintly illuminated by the moonlight.

It took a few more seconds of staring at his face to realise that this man, was infact, her brother's best friend and partner in crime, Sirius Black.

She debated whether to open the door or fetch her brother, but decided on the former, feeling that it was quite rude to keep him waiting.

At opening the door, Rin noticed his slumped shaking figure and teary eyes.

"Rin?"

"Sirius! Come on in. I'll go fetch James and get you something to drink."

She made sure that Sirius was comfortable on the couch with a fluffy blanket before going to her brother's room to fetch James.

━━☆━━

Rin entered the room where James was snoring loudly.

"James?" Rin whispered, nudging him a little.

No response.

"James?" This time shaking him a bit more harshly.

Still snoring loudly.

"JAMES!" She shouted in his ear.

"LILY FLOWER!" He screeched, toppling off the bed in surprise and hitting his head on the floor.