²⁴ Help Him

UNEDITED

Published on 27th February 2021, 10:11 am, IST

²⁴ Help Him

"No matter what happens, you can talk to me anytime

"No matter what happens, you can talk to me anytime. I'll be there for you. Always"

━━━━☆━━━━

SIRIUS' EYES went slightly wide, his lips parted.

He just sat there on the bed, his face void of any emotion, his whole body tense.

Then the first tear snuck out.

Then another one.

And another one.

His face was soon a waterfall of tears.

He cried silently, his face making no emotion, just the salty water endlessly streaking down his dimpled cheeks.

"Shh, it's alright," Rin whispered, hugging him close, rubbing circles on his back, stroking his hair. "It's going to be alright. . ."

"No, it's not," Sirius croaked, his voice muffled by Rin's shoulder.

"It's not going to be alright," He whimpered, pressing his eyes shut as if that would prevent the tears flowing out of his eyes. 'Regulus- my little Reggie Reg- he- he can't- he still a small child!"

"Let it all out, Sirius," Rin cooed, a few tears leaking their way out of her own eyes. "It's- We'll get through this." She decided on saying. "I'll be by your side all through it. We'll save your little brother."

Rin pulled away from the embrace and stared at Sirius' troubled face, a sad smile on her face.

"Come on, then," She chuckled, wiping the alkaline water away. "I'm getting released at lunch tomorrow, Pomfrey said so. I'll see you then."

They smiled at each other and shared one last sweet kiss before Sirius cloaked himself and went off.

━━━━☆━━━━

It was the evening a day after the exams had started. The hallways were all nearly empty, just a few students scattered here and there. Most of the students were either at the library or in their common rooms revising for the following day's exam.

And Regulus Black was on his way back to the Slytherin common room when he was pulled into a broom cupboard by the back of his robes.

Again.

"This is getting quite a habit of yours, isn't it?" He huffed to Sirius, dusting his clothes.

"Why didn't you tell me?!" Sirius asked desperately, tightly gripping his brother's hands, searching his smoky grey eyes, which were identical to his.

"Didn't tell you what?" He snapped back harshly.

"That mother and father are forcing you to be a. . ."

"A what, Sirius?!" Regulus ripped his hands away from him. "Go on, say it! Say the name! Tell me I'm just like them!"

"Reg- Regulus- please, I can help you- you don't have to take the mark-"

"Well, that's just it, Sirius!!" He cried, sinking down to the floor, his head in his hands. "You can't help me! No one can! That's the problem! I have to take the mark in August- that's this summer! There's no way out of it for me! I'm forced to become a death eater and kill innocent people and serve Voldemort for the rest of my life! That's the life waiting for me out of Hogwarts, if not earlier!"

"Reg. . ." Sirius sunk down next his little brother, placing his arms around him. "I can help you . . . or we can at least try. And you better know this- No matter what happens, you can talk to me anytime. I'll be there for you. Always."

"Right," Regulus cleared his throat, standing up. "I going to go now-"

"Of course- Oh, and Reg?"

"Yeah?"

"Can we talk more about this later? Meet me at the Astronomy tower tomorrow at Midnight."

"Okay."

━━━━☆━━━━

"So," Sirius began, pulling his shirt over his head.

It was late at night in the Marauders' dorm room, and the boys were getting dressed for bed.

"I talked to Regulus today,"

The boys froze, staring at him in shock.

"What happened?"

"Are you alright?"

They gathered around Sirius' four-poster for an explanation, ready to comfort him at any time necessary, their eyes filled with concern.

Sirius explained everything to them.

"So. . . in short, Regulus is being forced to become a death eater, and we need to rescue him."

"Yeah," Sirius mumbled. "That's pretty much it."

"Right," Said James. "I don't suppose you have any plan then?"

"Not a single clue."

"Let's talk more about this tomorrow. It's getting late, and Pete's already fallen asleep." Remus said, gesturing his hand at a snoring Peter.

"'Night, guys."

━━━━☆━━━━

So a few  hapters back i said something about Rin and Sirius's ship name

Nessius and Sirin.
(Sorry lol but my brother suggested Rinius and... I think that sounds better?? IM SORRY)

Kathu <3