¹⁸ The Fight

☆UNEDITED☆

Published on 18th January 2021, 10:11 am, IST

¹⁸ The Fight

"No matter how much we change, the bad things we do in the past stay with us

"No matter how much we change, the bad things we do in the past stay with us."

━━━━☆━━━━

☆    THERE WAS Quidditch practise the next evening, but James' teammates had refused to practice in the heavy rain.

    Then he had yelled at him where their Gryffindor spirit and bravery was, to which they replied him to 'Kindly fuck off'.

    So the Marauders were sitting by the Gryffindor fireplace, in which the fire had been extinguished long ago.

    Sirius lazily flicked through a Potions textbook, "Man," he sighed, pushing the book away from himself. "I wish that Lily was here to help us with potions. None of us is particularly good at it. And Lily can help us now too! We're friends with her now, still don't know how Prongs managed that, an impossible feat!"

    James grinned, leaning back in his seat, resting his hands behind his head. "I'm James Potter! I can do anything! That Aubrey is one lucky bloke though, getting to date Lily, some of us would kill for that chance." He chuckled sadly to himself at the end.

    "Oh, Didn't you know?" Remus asked, making the other three look at him. "Lily broke up with him last night, she told me this morning."

    James stood up from his chair, it toppling over due to the force. "Lily broke-up with him?" He asked in a strained voice, a hopeful look in his eyes.

    "Yes," Remus frowned, staring at him with furrowed eyebrows. "Why did you ask?"

    "Do you know where Lily is?"

    "James. . . are you going to do something stupid?"

    "Just tell me where she is, please."

    "She was going to the library when I last saw her," Remus said after a short pause.

    "Thanks, Moony!" James took off running.

    "Don't do anything stupid, James!" He yelled after him, though doubting whether he heard him or not.

    Lily was nearly there on her way to the library when James stopped her.

    "Lily! Flower! Wait! I need to talk to you!"

    Lily's face lit up in a small smile when she saw him. "James! What can I do for you? Did you need something?"

    "I- I heard," James hesitated, taking a step closer to her. "I heard that you and Bertram Aubrey broke up."

    Lily's smile faded into a small frown. "Yes, we did. . . What about it?"