¹⁷ Confusing Feelings

☆UNEDITED☆

Published on 10th January 2021, 11:59 am, IST

¹⁷ Confusing Feelings

"We'll get icecream from the kitchens and talk about our feelings, okay?"

━━━━☆━━━━

☆    LILY SAT by herself in an empty classroom, twiddling with her thumbs and her gaze flicking to the door and back to her lap.

    She had told Bertram that they needed to talk.

    "Hey Lily, I'm here. Why did you want to talk?" Bertram had finally reached the classroom and sat down on the chair.

    The sat in long awkward silence until Lily blurted out- "We need to break-up."

    "What?"

    "Break-up," Lily said a bit more confidently but flattered when she saw Bertram's troubled expression. "I'm breaking up with you," She said more quietly. "I don't think this is working out."

    "But- What did I do wrong?"

    "Nothing, Bertram, I just-" She took a deep breath before continuing. "I don't really. . . feel things for you? And the exams are coming. . . I don't believe that I can handle the pressure of having a boyfriend during the exam season."

    "So- we're- we're just taking a break? We'll get back together after the exams?" Bertram asked, perplexed.

    "What? No! Bertram, I'm sorry, but no. I just- I don't want to date you anymore. You're a great guy, Bertram. But I don't think that I'm the one for you."

    Bertram's eyes hardened at her words, and he abruptly stood up. "It's that Potter boy, isn't it? You're leaving me for James Potter."

    Lily also stood up, "Wha-? Of course not! I would never date James!" she said, a little bewildered.

    Bertram scoffed, running a hand through his hair angrily. "James was it? If I remember correctly, he was Potter to you before. And I've seen you both, walking to classes together, sitting together at mealtimes, him calling you Flower-"

    "That's because we are friends, Bertram! Nothing more! I can't believe you'd think of me like that! I've never cheated on you!"

    "Sure," Bertram sneered. "And I don't feel like talking with you anymore. Goodbye, my ex-girlfriend! Go and have fun with James!"

    With that, he stormed out of the room, slamming the door shut as he went.

    Lily melted back into her chair, still shocked over everything that just happened.

    She finally exited the classroom, being on her way to the great hall for dinner.

    Though for some reason, she couldn't get Bertram's words out of her head.

'Go have fun with James!'

    Bertram's words were absolutely absurd.

    Though she always did have fun hanging out with James, she was glad they were friends. He always made her laugh, made her happy.

    Though she obviously didn't fancy him! Why, she only just became his friend recently!

    "Hey, Flower!" Lily heard as soon as she entered the great hall.

    James was waving her over to him, where he was sitting with the other marauders and her friends.

    Lily smiled weakly and sat down between Nesrin and Dorcas, across from James.

    'Flower,' she muttered to herself. 'Friends call each other nicknames. Pretty, cute, beautiful, meaningful, lovely nick-'

    "Did you do it?" Dorcas asked her in a hushed voice, seeing her sour expression, to which she nodded in reply.

    "Girls night tonight," Nesrin whispered. "We'll get ice cream from the kitchens and talk about feelings, okay?"

    With that, Lily felt a little better and joined in on the others' conversation with a slight smile on her face.

━━━━☆━━━━

This might be the shortest chapter I've ever written

Hopefully, the next one will be longer!
See you at
the next update! :)

Kathu