¹⁰ Tongues and Tutoring

UNEDITED

Published on 28th November, 3:3 pm, IST

¹⁰ Tongues and Tutoring

"Mr. Lupin is far too well behaved to do this." (Prank)

━━━☆━━━

    JAMES POTTER sat in front of the common room's fire, absentmindedly twirling his wand in his hand as his friends threw ideas for pranks back and forth.

    "Who's the Victim?" Remus asked, writing down the charms needed for it.

    "How about Dexter?" Sirius suggested, getting mad again as he remembered Rin's confused face.

    "Nah," James grumbled. "I'd love to prank that git, but Rin made me promise not to harm him anymore."

    "Snape?" Peter recommended, which was met by nods of agreement from Remus and Sirius.

    "Can it be Bertram Aubery?" James asked, not taking his eyes off of the fireplace when his mates stared at him in surprise.

    "And why should it be him?" Remus questioned.

    James scowled, lowering his eyes. "Fine! It's because I'm still in love with Lily. And I'm jealous that she has a boyfriend who isn't me."

    Sirius pursed his lips. "But you have a girlfriend who isn't Lily. How would she feel if she knew about this?"

    "I know!" James groaned, shoving his head into his hands. "But it would make me feel better! And maybe forget about Lily?"

    "Fine," Remus huffed, writing Aubery's name in the prank book. "But just this once. You do understand that Lily is going to realise that it was you and shout?"

    "Yeah," James grumbled. "But it'll be worth it.

━━━☆━━━

    Lily was eating lunch in the great hall, recounting how her date went to Nesrin, Dorcas and Marlene. "And then we walked to the Three Broomsticks-"

    "Er- Lily?"

    "Yes, Marlene?"

    "I don't mean to startle you, but I think your boyfriend-"

    "Oh, he isn't my boyfriend yet! We've only been on one date!"

    "-is choking on his goblet."

    The three heads whipped around to see Bertram Aubery choking, his friends attempting to help him.

    But then suddenly, his tongue began to elongate.