Twelve

Yoongi got to the apartment at the wrong time.

As he stepped out of Jungkook's car, he thanked him, a small smile on his face as he waved bye to him. Jungkook's window was rolled down, a smile on his face as well as he told him bye. When he turned around to face the apartment Yoongi saw his mom standing right at the apartment entrance.

  "Mom!" Yoongi jumped, his eyes widening as his mom glared at Jungkook's car. "Oh, wait. Mom, don't do this—"

  "Letting little Alphas take you home now, are we?" His mom raised an eyebrow as she looked back at Jungkook, who merely waved at her with a weak smile on his face.

  Yoongi sighed.

  "Hi." Jungkook smiled. "I'm Jeon Jungkook. I don't mean any harm." He said.

  Yoongi's mom walked towards the sidewalk where Jungkook had pulled up to let Yoongi out of his car. "Nice car." She leaned down to see Jungkook closer, making Yoongi move out of the way. "Nice, handsome face. You look like a decent young man. What're you doing bringing my little boy home, hm?"

  She looked up at Yoongi, almost sniffing like a dog. "Did you— Did you scent my son?" She turned back to Jungkook, angered.

  "Mom." Yoongi frowned, embarrassed. "He's just bringing me home. He—"

  "He better have an excuse for scenting my baby like this." She glared at Jungkook, who had wide, scared eyes. "So, what is it? Hm? What did you do to my son?"

  Jungkook scratched his head awkwardly. "I-"

  "Mom, he's not just some random Alpha." Yoongi pouted, hating how protective his mom can get. "We just scented, it's not—"

  "Just scented?" His mother sighed, shaking her head at Yoongi. "Your father needs to hurry up with that stupid medicine." She said. "I can't have Alphas all over you like this. You scented each other? Seriously?"

  Yoongi didn't miss the confusion on Jungkook's face at the mention of medicine. He sighed in defeat at his mother.

  "He's my soulmate." He told her.

  His mother's eyes widened. She look at Jungkook, then back at Yoongi. "Oh my God." She whispered. "Really?" She asked. Yoongi looked at Jungkook for help, but Jungkook merely smiled as his mom squished his cheeks together. "Oh, how precious! You, Jungkook. You need to come in. Come on, park. I have to meet my son's soulmate. Oh my—"

  "Mom, he has to go home."

  "No, no." Jungkook put the car in park, grabbing his phone as he undid his seatbelt. As much as Yoongi's mom was excited, Yoongi wanted to scream. "I'll come in for a little bit. But, um.. My mom did want me home before six. I have to babysit tonight.. Sorry.."

  "Oh, that's perfect!" Yoongi's mom clapped her hands excitedly as Jungkook walked towards them. Oh, what a big, happy family we've got here. "I just got home from work, but I can go grab you a drink, Jungkook. We can talk a little and then I'll leave you two teens to it, y'know? I know you two need space, haha. I won't be in your business all evening."

  Yoongi sighed as they made their way into the apartment building. He hates it.

  After they settled on the couch, tea in their cups, Yoongi's mom asked about a trillion questions. Yoongi had learned a lot by the questions, though. What Jungkook wants to do when he's older, when his birthday is, why he has a little scar on his cheek— just little things. He knew what part his mother liked the most. That her son's mate is a True Alpha.

And the whole time, Yoongi's mom teased him. It was embarrassing, but Jungkook did the thing where he caresses Yoongi's back with that one finger, so soothing to him.

  Finally, after forever, Yoongi and Jungkook were left alone.

  "You can go now." Yoongi said.

  "You're joking right?" Jungkook asked. "I was promised a room tour earlier."

  Yoongi rolled his eyes. "My mom isn't here. You don't have to pretend to care."

  "Why would I be pretending to care?" Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows. "I genuinely want to spend time with my soulmate. Is that a crime or something?" He asked.

  "Seems so." Yoongi raised his eyebrow, glaring at his soulmate. One thing that Jungkook didn't mention to his mother was that he has a girlfriend already. And the fact that he never mentioned it, the fact that Jungkook was so perfect, yet so dumb just made Yoongi burn with not anger, but sadness. And desperation. He wants to be Jungkook's. He wants to be wanted.

  Jungkook frowned. "Please?"

  The look in Jungkook's eyes was all it took for Yoongi to open his bedroom door. Instead of caring enough to show Jungkook around his room, he immediately curled up into a ball on his bed, pulling down a pillow to cuddle to. Jungkook said nothing, not needing to. Not needing to say a word as he slowly made his way to lay down next to Yoongi, also nuzzling his face into the soft pillow.

  "You're tired?" He asked.

  Yoongi nodded. "Today sucked."

  Jungkook frowned upon hearing that. "I'm sorry." He said, reaching up to Yoongi's face and ruffling the Omega's hair out of his face. "Tomorrow will be better. I promise." He pet Yoongi's hair, letting him flutter his eyes closed. Yoongi melted into the touch.

The soft hand trailing through Yoongi's hair made him feel warm, yet sad. He wanted to lean into Jungkook's touch. He wanted to nuzzle into his scent and sleep with his nose pressed into his neck. He wanted Jungkook to hold him. Wanted him to do the thing with his finger that calms him down so well.

  "You should go." He told Jungkook, barely even speaking loud enough. "You have to babysit, right? Your mom—"

  "I'll go when you fall asleep." Jungkook pressed his thumb against the Omega's pretty eyelashes, forcing his eyes to stay shut. "It's only five right now. You have an hour— actually I live about ten minutes from here.... You have fifty minutes to fall asleep." He made Yoongi chuckle, already falling asleep by the calm essence.

  "Dummy." Yoongi held tighter onto his pillow, wishing it was Jungkook instead.

  Jungkook continued to pet Yoongi all over, making sure he was comfortable enough to fall asleep. Being relaxed down by his soulmate, Yoongi fell asleep within ten minutes.

~