Twenty-Seven

There is no doubt about it. The question had definitely made Jungkook question their relationship. There's no other explanation. Jungkook had been stale, quiet, even scared to talk to Yoongi. He had ruined their relationship by a stupid question. Yoongi just knows it.

Jungkook is uncomfortable now, right? He's going to ask Yoongi for some time apart. Any minute now, he's going to tell Yoongi that they need to have a talk. Yoongi knows it.

Because since when does Jungkook get quiet like this? Or had he always been quiet? And why does he have such a nervous look on his face? Why is he biting his lip? Why does he look like he has something to say?

But Yoongi had promised to not ever pressure Jungkook into telling him anything.

So here they are, sitting on Yoongi's couch, the TV playing low into the night. It had been a week since Yoongi asked the question, but Jungkook was still acting weird about it. Yoongi didn't know how to prepare himself. All he could do was sit and wait. He hadn't been so stressed since the day the whole school was going to figure out what he is. And Jungkook hadn't mentioned the tension either.

For the past two nights, which is when Yoongi decided that he wasn't going crazy, he could barely even get enough sleep for work. Jungkook was here for the weekend but neither of them were acting like normal.

Yoongi was sad.

His heart and head both hurt so much. He just knew that Jungkook was going to say something to him about how crazy he is. About why the hell he would put Jungkook on the spot, or why he even asked the dumbest question ever. And Jungkook is going to ask for time apart. He probably wants time apart because he thinks Yoongi is crazy.

He can feel it coming. It's coming—

"Yoonie.."

Yoongi's heart instantly broke at the name, the built up sadness cracking just by the sound of his name softly leaving Jungkook's lips. Why is Jungkook being so soft? Is he really about to softly let him down like this?

"No." Yoongi curled up into the edge of the couch. He pulled his arms to his knees, not daring to look at Jungkook. Love is always a cursing and a blessing, but that doesn't mean that Yoongi doesn't want it. He doesn't want Jungkook to leave him. He knew it was a stupid idea to bring up the living together thing.

"Yoongi—"

"I said no." Yoongi pressed his face into his knees, releasing his sorrow into them. He let tears fall from his eyes but he made no noise, holding it in to seem strong. "Don't say a single word to me, Jungkook." He muttered.

Jungkook fell silent for a moment.

The room was only lit with the TV, but Yoongi couldn't even see that anymore. He saw nothing. All he could do was cover his face with his arms and knees because he so desperately didn't want the only person who makes him strong to see him weak. He doesn't want to make Jungkook feel guilty. Not again.

To make things much worse, Yoongi has had such a stressful week. Someone got fired at the coffee shop so he's been working extra shifts and more hours. He had an essay due on Friday, which was terribly written and Yoongi knew it. But at the last minute he was so stressed out about Jungkook and the coffee shop that he had completely fumbled over it. He knows he'll get a bad grade.

The one person he wants to complain to about his week to is about to leave him.

Jungkook probably thinks that Yoongi is obsessed with him. Probably doesn't want Yoongi to be so possessive, doesn't want Yoongi asking him to live with him. He doesn't want an obsessed boyfriend. He's going to ask Yoongi for space. He's going to leave his crazy boyfriend like he left his crazy girlfriend. He's going to leave Yoongi like he left Yuri.