Stand Off

My breath hitched, trying to hear every move my father and Cora makes. I see out of the corner of my eye, Cora stiffen.

"My," she tries to act calm and nonchalant, but it's obvious she's surprised he's here, "look who it is."

"I said... Let her go."

"Well, you see, that's not going to happen," I hear Cora's voice move farther away, "we need her out of the way to kill you."

Since Cora moved away, I hoped around in the chair until I was turned at an angle to see what was going on. The first thing I see, my father's stupid smile plastered on his face.

"You see, lass, that's not going to happen," he says in a mocking tone, "I'm here, alive, to get my daughter back."

A smile flashed on my face when I heard "daughter" come out of his mouth.

I saw a smile flash across Cora's face, followed by a bright light coming from her outstretched arms. My father managed to move out of the way fast enough. This only repeated a few more times until my father got close enough to swing his hook at her. She dodges it and they begin to move closer toward me.

I began to struggle with the ropes, wanting to be free and help my father but it was all useless. The rope had to have at least 4 knots in it, maybe even more. The only thing I could do was watch.

It felt like forever watching them go back and forth at each other. Quite frankly I was bored. This stand off was taking ages.

But before I knew it, my father got close enough to slice the ropes with his hook. I wiggled free and quickly untied the rest of the rope. I jump from the chair, pick it up and the moment Cora has her back toward me, I hurl it toward her head, knocking her out cold.

A/N

sorry this is really short but I have writers block right now and it's just difficult.

I hope y'all still read it even though it sucks.