Hook's Long Lost Daughter (OUAT fanfic)

It was a strange time. For me, of course. I was without a family, wandering the end of oblivion alone. All seemed like a hopeless eternity until one fateful day, I found him.

I found my father.

**********************

I see it. Right there. Getting closer and closer by each second I drive. Closer. Closer.

I drive over the line. The town line. It felt like.. like home. But that still wasn't the end. I still had a longer way to go.

I pulled up at a diner and parked my (stolen) black 1967 Chevy Impala. After locking the doors, I walk in, feeling the cool indoor breeze brush past me.

"Hello- who are you?" An old lady asked me ask I walk in. She looked stunned.

"Name's Kassidy," I smile.

She gives a short little crooked smile but asked, "How did you get here?"

"I drove."

She nods.

I shuffle my way to a counter and look around at the scenery outside the window. The town almost looked vacant. Not much movement except the warm breeze pushing leaves across the deserted road.

"Who's that?" I hear a whisper from the counter. I didn't turn all the way, just far enough to see a teenager talking to the old lady that seemed pretty nervous about something.

"I don't know," the old woman answered, "She said her name was Kassidy.. could she be lying?"

"I don't know," the girl said.

I turn at the right moment when the teenager came up to take my order. "What would you like?"

"Um just some hot chocolate would be nice," I smiled. She smiled back, then vanished back into the kitchen area.

A few minutes later, she came back with my drink. She came over and sat down just across from me. I gave her a confused look but she just smiled.

"Hey," She said.

"Um hi."

"So, your name is Kassidy I hear?"

I nodded while I took a sip of my drink. It burnt my tongue and I flinched a little at the pain.

"My name is Ruby," She said after a few moments of silence. "So what are you doing here anyway? It isn't much of a tourist attraction if you know what I mean," she gave that a little laugh.

I chuckled and answered her question in a pretty serious tone, "I'm just looking for someone."

"Oh? Who would that be?" She got even more intrigued.

"My father. I was told he would be here."

She nodded and her smile faded but came back quickly. "Well I'm sure I could help out with that. Know his name?"

I put down my drink and swallowed the steamy hot chocolate that left burns down my throat as I answered, "Killian Jones." 

A flash of concern and amazement spread across her face.

"Do you know where I could find him?"

"I'll look in to it. Do you have a place to stay?" She quickly changes the subject.

"No, not tonight."

"Well I could as granny to help find you a room if you'd like," Her smile returned.

"That would be great, thanks."

She left and I watched as she made her way to the back. There was moments where I heard loud voices but not loud enough for me to make out. But about ten minutes later, Ruby came back and told me I had a room upstairs for that night.