Past

The ambulance was driving full speed to the hospital. My heart was pounding and I felt a bit lightheaded. The medical assistant in the ambulance noticed my discomfort and told me everything was going to be okay.

We finally pulled up to the hospital and I jump out after they pull my father out on the stretcher. I follow them inside and I see Emma there with all of her friends.

"Hide him!" Emma shouts at a nurse, pointing to my father as he passes "find a room an hide him!" I couldn't help but notice the concern that was written all over her face.

I follow my father's stretcher until I was stopped outside by a nurse.

"I'm sorry you can't go in there, are you a family member?" She asks.

"Yes, I'm his daughter," I say worriedly.

"Okay well you have to wait until he is stable. Please wait out in the waiting room," she says, pointing down the hallway.

I look back at her then back at the hall. I sigh and slowly make my way to a chair in the corner of the room. There was a small "fight" going on with the Dark One and Emma's friends and I laughed to myself. i put my head back down in my hands and sit there for a few minutes, hoping my father will be okay.

After a few minutes, I look up to see Emma and her friends walking over to me. I noticed one of them was Ruby.

"Hi, Kassidy," Emma sighs. "Are you okay?"

I nod my head.

"Here, I just wanted to introduce everyone, this is David, Mary Margret, Ruby, and Leroy."

"Hi," I say quietly.

Suddenly the nurse comes back and tells me it's okay to go back to see my father. I walk past Emma without a word and walk into the room. He was asleep in a white robe and his hook was taken off. I grab a chair and sit down next to him.

I wait and wait but he didn't move a muscle. I was getting tired of just watching him breathe but I wouldn't go anywhere.

I lean my head on his chest and my eyes grow heavy. Before long, I was asleep.

****************************

I jerk from my father's chest as he shuffles awake. I felt a smile grow when it hit me that I knew he was okay.

"Kassidy? What the hell..?" He mumbles.

"You're okay, you just kinda got hit by a car.." I fumble my thumbs.

He sighs and jerks his hand but is stopped by a handcuff.

He chuckles to himself but it turns into a soft groan when the pain of his broken ribs kick in.

"Yeah, you broke a few ribs," I say.

"That must be why it hurts when I laugh..."

Suddenly Emma walks through the door and sighs. "Hey, Kassidy, mind if I talk to Hook for a bit?"

My father's eyebrows raise and a smirk plays on his face, as if pleased she was there.

"Sure." I walk out of the room. The last thing I hear is Emma, "where's Cora?"

Then I was already down the hall.

As I step outside, there was a quick chill that ran up my spine. I took a deep breath and slowly let it out, trying to calm myself down. I just got here and I already saw my father get beaten, shoot and innocent woman, and get hit by a car. Not to mention he has this mortal enemy I never knew about till now. I have a feeling it's going to be harder than I thought for him to accept me. He seems to be in the middle of his own journey of revenge or something and he obviously thinks I want to help. I'm not so sure if I should but I can't stab my own father in the back.

I shake my head, loosening these thoughts and make my way down the street. I see Granny's is open and I decide to take a coffee break. I step in and was instantly hit by warmth and it felt good. I take a seat at the bar and order a coffee. Ruby wasn't there, just an old woman, I assume she is Granny.

"Here you go," she says as she places the coffee in front of me.

"Thanks.." I say quietly before I take a sip.

"What's wrong?" she asks, leaning against the counter, giving me her full attention.

I sigh and think of how to ask. "Do you know about Hook?"

"I think I know a thing or two.. what about him?"

"His past. What happened between him and the Dark One?"

"Well, from what I know, he fell in love with Mr. Gold's wife, Milah. She also fell in love and left Gold for him. When Gold found them, he took Hook's hand along with Milah."

"You mean The Dark One.. Gold.. killed her?" I ask, my voice raised.

"Yeah.. he crushed her heart right in front of Hook. It was sad, I must say, but Hook will do anything for his revenge."

"So.. he is a villian?" My voice lowered at the question.

"yep.. I'm sorry but being a pirate isn't exactly a hero's thing." She says as she turns away to take the coffee pot back into the kitchen.

I take another sip of my coffee and think hard about what I'm getting myself into. My father's known as villian. I can either join him or join Emma and the others to stop him, Regina, and whoever Cora is.

Or... or I can join him and try to turn him good from his side.

"Yes!" I shout as I slap the counter with my palm. I quickly grab my cash from my pocket and shoved it on the counter. I quickly ran out the door and down to the docks. I run up the invisible steps and into the ship. suddenly I run into somone. A woman.

"Excuse me, I am so sorry.." I say, out of breath from all the running.

"Who are you?" she asks, looking down at me.

"My name is Kassidy, I'm-"

"Hook's daughter," She finishes for me.

"Yes.. how did you.."

"I'm Cora. I'm sure you've heard of me."

My jaw slightly drops. "Yes, yes I have."

"And I sure hope you're going to help us out on our little mission, right? I'm sure you're father would appreciate it."

"yeah, actually I am..."

"Good. Now let me tell you something you can tell Hook when he comes back around. I want you to tell him about that box over there," she says, pointing to a box covered with a blanket. "Just tell him that box is holding a secret weapon of mine."

I nod my head in understanding. She smiles, I could tell it was fake. She starts walking away but vanishes in a swirl of fog.

phew finally got something written down! I hope this is better than I think it is... It's hard to try to get it off the plot after you put it on and I'm starting to regret it haha. I'm going to make a few changes to the plot in the next chapter so be ready!