Denial

"Right this way, lass," My father leads me down into the heart of the ship. It was damp and a bit cold. I had on a thin jacket, which didn't help much.

I followed him down the hallway and we passed the room where we first met. About a door down from it, was apparently where I was staying. He pulled out an old rusty key and unlocked it. When the door opened, the smell of fish and sea salt hit me. It was pleasant acually.

"This will be your quarters," He sighs.

My eyebrows furrow as I look around. There was a bed in the corner, attached to the wall. There were some cabinets, filled with bottles and chests. There were barrels, too. I knew I smelled rum.

"When was the last time this door was open?" I say sarcasticaly.

"Last week. I ran out of rum in my quarter."

I laugh and sit down on the bed. It was comfy. I stand back up to see father with an eyebrow raised.

"What?" I ask, walking toward him.

"nothing, i just don't see a resemblance," he sighs and walks out the door.

I scruntch my eyebrows in frustration and follow him.

"Why won't you believe me? Why are you so stubborn?"

He stops in his tracks and turns to me, staring me straight in the eyes. I felt myself weaken.

"I am a pirate. What are you?" he says and turns to walk again.

I feel frustration rush through me. "You want to know what I am? I'm your daughter and sooner or later you're going to admitt it," I spit.

He stops but doesn't turn around. He waits a moment before he starts walking again.

This isn't going as well as I'd hoped.

*************************************

I walk slowly down the street to Granny's diner. I had to go turn in my key and tell Ruby I found somewhere to stay. I step in the diner and feel the warm air collide with my skin.

"Hi, Kassidy," Ruby says in her perky voice.

"Hi, I'm here to turn in my key."

A frown formed on her face as she took it.

"Where are you staying?" She asks.

"I found Killian. He's letting me stay at his ship," I felt a smile appear on my face.

"Oh. Well good for you," She fake smiles and goes behind the counter, putting the key down.

I turn around to leave and right as I was about to shut the door, I heard Ruby on the phone again.

"yeah it's about Kassidy... She says she found Killian and he's letting her stay at the ship... I know, he's here with his ship, it's unbelievable... I don't know... okay... good luck."

I shut the door before she noticed I was listening. I tucked away the thought of my father being the bad guy and started making my way back to the docks. I was stopped by Emma's car pulling up next to the sidewalk.

"Hey, Kassidy," she sighs as she makes her way toward me.

"Hi."

"We... need to talk.. mind sitting down?" She waves her hand toward the bench behind us.

I nod and sit next to her. I could tell this was conversation was going to be about my father.

"Okay.. I know you want to be with your father, and I think that's great and all, but you need to be careful. He's not the most.. trustful person in the world.." she looks down at the ground with a show of guilt. I knew they had a past and I should find out what it is. Just not now.

As she continued, the more confused I was. Why does everyone think he's the bad guy?

"But the thing is.. I need you to tell me where his ship is."

"What? Why. so you can go in there and take him in? Arrest him? No, I'm not going to stab my father's back the day I met him." I stand up and run. I run until I get to the docks and I stop to catch my breath. I step on the ship and slowly walk down to my room. There was a little circular window that looked out on the water and I watched as the sun set. It was beautiful.

Sorry this chapter was so short.. it sucked, I'm on writer's block and it's like really frustrating.

If y'all have any ideas, i would love to try and fit them in my ideas! Don't forget to comment and vote:)