twenty

" 'Can you find yourself? Think twice about everything before you go. Can you remind yourself? If you break it, it will always be broken.' "

(between good and goodbye - duncan laurence ... a very good song)

Jimin yanked his headphones from his ears, the poor things tumbling to the ground as he slammed his fist against the table in anger.

)title( - calico cat . for jimin

'You should've said something like that. Why didn't you say something better? If you said something smarter she wouldn't have been to the hospital. I'd you were smarter - better - you are worthless - a failure - you killed her soul.'

All of these thoughts stormed in Jimin's head as he pulled his hair, doubling over, the song from the playlist playing softly from the ground.

The playlist Aria made for him is the only thing that's been playing since she went to the hospital. He always had an earbud in, listening to the songs, over and over and over.

How could he listen to anything else?

Jin sat up, looking around after the loud bang startled him awake. The door to his room was open like always, the open doorway revealing Jimin's closed door across the hall. It was two am. A sound that aggressive shouldn't be sounded in the dead of the night.

'Check on him.'

"Are you okay Jimin?" Jin asks after he opened the door, the lights still off.

"I'm fine Hyung." Jimin's voice shook as he wiped his nose silently, his phone off, the music still playing in his headphones.

Jin turned on the lights.

Jimin let his head fall, his whole body shaking with sobs. 'You're weak Jimin.'

"Jimin." Jin rushed forward, catching the poor boy as he fell off his chair.

"I'm fine. I'm fine." Jimin tried to deny the worry, but clung to the eldest tightly, letting him hug him tightly.

"You will be Jimin. You will be."

---

"Yeah, Jimin left today." Yoongi shrugged, crossing his legs as he sat back in his chair, Aria raising her head. "It's a bit awkward here."

"What do you mean he left?" Aria asked, pushing her hair from her face. Yoongi sighed softly, the bruise on her face hurting him greatly. Seeing her in the hospital really hurt him. But thanks to Bang, he could be on call with her for five hours.

"Bang gave him a mandatory leave for the next three days." Yoongi scratched his nose, trying to find a way to tell her it wasn't her fault. "The work schedule has really fucked with his mental health."

"You're lying." Aria shook her head, letting her hair fall into her face again. "It's my fault."

"Ari-"

"Because I almost died, Yoongi." She looked away. "You don't have to lie to me."

"I was just trying to protect you, Ari."

"Uhm, make sure she's okay." Jimin nervously adjusted Yoongi's jacket, the two standing outside of his car. "She likes cats. And memes. Send her pictures if she's, if she seems off or something. And, and if you aren't busy, maybe play her a s-song."

Yoongi took Jimin's hands from his jacket, placing his other hand on the side of Jimin's face while tears fell from his face. Yoongi smiled sadly as he watched Jimin's lip quiver. "I've got her Jimin. Try and relax while you're gone, okay? Don't worry too much."