forty two

"Oh it's a big mall." Aria got out of the car, Jungkook giving her a hand as she did. "Are there a lot of people here?"

"Welllll." Jungkook looked at the parking lot, hundreds of cars there.

Aria smiled nervously, the other car getting out beside them.

"Don't focus on them." Jin wrapped an arm around Aria's shoulder. "Just focus on us seven. We're what matters, not them."

Aria took a deep breath and nodded, still looking at the mall. Jungkook handed her her purse and then the coffee; she still had some to finish. "Wait," Everyone looked at her. "Won't people recognize you guys?"

"Eh." Jungkook shrugged his shoulders. "Oh well."

Aria looked at the others with wide eyes. "But..."

"He's just being stupid." Namjoon pulled out a mask and some sunglasses. "We're kinda prepared."

"Oh wonderful." Aria rubbed the back of her neck, watching everyone put on some masks. Yoongi was the only one that really cared about keeping his face hidden. He wore a low bucket hat, black mask, and some sunglasses.

And then there was Jimin.

Jimin was dressed as Jimin, his mask on his chin. He got half of the hidden part, wearing some sunglasses, but they were fancy ass glasses, quite obviously looking like Park Jimin.

"What if someone sees you guys?" Aria asked, Taehyung letting Yeontan walk around. "Then what?"

"Someone will see us." Jin nodded, running his hand through his hair, his hands in his pockets. "That's just how it always is. We just try and ignore them the best we can."

"And if they see me with you guys?" Aria asked, Yoongi moving to stand beside her.

"If a photo gets out, it'll probably blow over in a week or two." Namjoon shrugged his shoulders. "There's nothing to worry about. We still gotta live, yeah?"

"You're right." Aria nodded, him very true about the whole 'blow over' thing. "It'll be good. Everything will be fine."

"You're exactly right." Yoongi nodded and then held out his hand. "Ready?"

Aria took his hand, the two holding hands as they looked up at the mall. "I'm ready."

Aria was not ready.

It didn't take the boys long for them to form a little protection circle around Aria, Yoongi on Aria duty as of now. He held her hand, no shame in his walk or face. He'd much rather hold her hand than have them in his pockets.

"Can I take Jin's jacket off?" Aria asked Yoongi as they walked into the mall, already feeling hot. She preferred to be cold/cooler anyways.

"Of course." Yoongi stopped walking, holding Aria's bag for her as she took the jacket off. Jimin held his hand out for it, all of the boys around them as they waited for Aria.

"Thank you." She spoke softly, her own mask on, making it hard for the boys to hear her. But they didn't protest.

Yoongi kept a tight hold on Aria, Aria finding great comfort in it. She kept looking around quickly, dashing around everyone's faces, the colors, the stores.

And the language hurt her head.

She didn't understand a single thing anyone said. Every once in a while she'd find a singular word, like hello or no.

Jin, who was walking behind Aria, to her left, noticed her eyes, her clenched fist and tense shoulders. He cleared his throat. "Alright I know we usually walk in silence but we need to talk to Aria so she doesn't freak out."

"What if we talk about-"

"Do you have any idea on what you want to do in the future?" Yoongi took charge, interrupting Hoseok's suggestion. Everyone listened carefully, but Aria spoke very quietly, so only Yoongi got her full sentences.

"Anything with animals." She looked down at the ground while she walked, trying to not focus on the people. "I really like animals."

"You would be a great Vet." Yoongi nodded, everyone putting the pieces together. "Have you thought of being a farmer? With animals?"

"Goodness no." Aria shook her head. "My dad, works on a farm."

Jimin heard that part. "My father owns a cafe. Maybe I can take you if we have time one day."

"Really?" Aria looked up finally, eyes on Jimin.

"Oh yeah!" He smiled widely, his mask slowly falling down his face. "He's super duper nice. And he'll give you free everything."

"Oh goodness." Aria giggled, Jimin smiling proudly. "I'd still pay him."

"I know you would." Jimin smiled fondly at her, Aria slowly relaxing.

"Do you like monkeys?" Yoongi asked, swinging her arm. "I think monkeys are cool."

"I have actually thought about focussing on monkeys for my future. But, there's just so many options." Aria was speaking much more loud now, so all of the boys could hear her.

"Oh Ari." Taehyung skipped next to her, stopping his skipping when they were side by side. "Will you watch after Yeontan for me? My arms hurt."

"Sure Taehyung." Aria giggled and took Yeontan from him, holding the dog in her arms, letting go of Yoongi's hand.

Yoongi glared at Taehyung for a few seconds, salty he no longer got to hold the dear child's hand, but oh well. He would later.

"See any interesting looking shops?" Hoseok asked Aria, Aria widening her eyes.

"I'm supposed to pick out the shops?"

i'm so sorry for the slow updates. it's just really hard to write this now-a-days

i'll try my best