forty one

"Oh Aria!" Jungkook jumped up from the couch. "You look awesome!"

"Thank you!" She smiled widely, looking down at her outfit. "I like this color." Yoongi had let her go to the family room while he found a jacket in Jin's closet for her, making sure the oldest was distracted. "You look cool too!"

"I know." Jungkook had a smug look on his face, scooting over on the couch. "Come sit with us."

Soon after Aria sat down, Jillian jumped up on her lap and made herself nice and comfortable, Aria giggling softly at her purrs. "Jimin." Aria looked up, then realized that he wasn't there yet. "Nevermind."

"What were you going to say Ari?" Hoseok chuckled softly, crossing his arms as he watched the kid and the cat.

"I was going to tell Jimin I want to keep his cat forever." Aria smiled down at Jillian, shaking her paw gently.

"Ooo I like your rings." Jungkook held out his hand for hers, Aria handing it over. "Your aesthetic is everything."

"Lazy high schooler." Aria laughed, Jungkook shaking his head, everyone joining in. "But make it cute."

"Exactly that." Jungkook let her hand go, Aria tickling Jillian's stomach.

"Hey Aria," Jin walked past the family room, into the kitchen. "Can I steal you for a few minutes?"

"Don't go," Jungkook whispered, holding her hand as she got up. "He'll never let you go."

"Kook." Aria giggled, Hoseok smacking Jungkook's arm. "I'll be right back."

Aria walked into the kitchen, Jin standing by the counter, a small purse in front of him with several items laid out beside it. "Okay Ari-oh are you going to be warm enough?" Jin stopped himself before going into his rant, seeing her outfit. "It's really cold outside."

"I know." Aria nodded, adjusting her shirt as Jin waited for her response. "Yoongi is stealing one of your jackets for me."

"He's-" Jin sighed with a smile, knowing Aria needed the jacket anyways. "I'm not surprised."

"What's all this?" Aria gestured to the purse and items, Jin snapping back to his original topic. "Is this for...?"

"It's for you." Jin motioned for her to come closer, Aria walking forward. "We're going shopping today obviously, so you're going to need a purse." Jin picked it up, showing it to Aria. "Here's the wallet and money for shopping today."

"Jin-"

"You're taking the money." Jin smiled sweetly, patting the wallet before putting it in the purse. "And here's pepper spray."

"What?" Aria looked up at Jin, Jin nodding as he put it on the top, a very accessible place. "I don't-"

"Just in case," Jin reassured, a soft, forced smile on his face. "We should never be separated... but,"

"Just in case." Aria nodded, still looking at the pepper spray. "Nothing bad will happen." She smiled up at him, trying to push the spray from her mind. "Promise."

Jin wrapped his pinky around her's, his smile growing into a real one. "Also, a small snack and coins for a vending machine in case you need a water as well." He put the things in the purse as Yoongi walked into the kitchen, carrying a jacket.

"Got yourself a purse Tiny Child?" Yoongi teased softly, handing her Jin's jacket. "Now you can wack Jin." Yoongi waited for it to happen, but Aria only smiled while she put the jacket on. "Boring."

"I am on time!" Jimin announced as he walked down the stairs, arms in the air. "Ta daaa!"

"Good job Jimin." Aria laughed, Hoseok throwing a pillow at Jimin. "When are we leaving?"