twenty six

"Can I go to South Korea?" Aria asked her parents, standing by the table they were all sitting at. "Please?"

"I really don't fucking care. The longer I'm away from you the better." Her father snarled, Aria flinching once he moved his hand for his cup.

"Just tell us when you need a ride to the airport." Her mother rolled her eyes. "And then when we pick you up."

"December 21 to January 4th." Aria spoke in a heartbeat, the dates already memorized in her head.

"You're going to miss Christmas?" Her father raised his eyes to her's.

"Yes." Aria lowered her head, heart beating fast as she anticipated his answer.

"Good, we didn't get you anything this year anyways."

'You've never given me anything for the past 13 years.' Aria blinked as she stared at her feet, waiting for her Mother.

"Where are you staying?" She raised an eyebrow, looking her daughter up and down. "And you really need to stop eating so much."

"With friends. And I'm sorry Mother. I'll try and do better." Aria's heart throbbed, her mother's words hurting her severely.

"Whatever. As long as we don't have to do anything I don't care."

Relief spread through Aria, everything finally going her way for once. Finally.

"The flight's tomorrow?" Her father glanced at his phone, seeing the date. December 20th.

"It's in a few hours. Midnight."

---

"Thank-" Her parents drove off even after she only had one foot out of the car, luggaged thrown beside her. "You."

Aria's heart pounded, picking up her suitcase and bag, turning to the huge airport.

'I'm alone. What if I go in the wrong plane, or if I miss it or I do something stupid and what if they don't like me and if they just want me to go back oh my gosh I have like no Christmas presents for them what the hell do I say do I say thank you do I hug them can I touch them can I touch a million dollars what if people find out I'm with BTS they'll kill me or something why didn't my parents walk me in I'm their only child why don't they care.'

"Miss, are you alright?" A lady touched Aria's shoulder, Aria flinching and closing her eyes. With her lashes touching her face, she found out she was crying, the tears running down her face, into her mask. "Hey it's okay. I'm nice I promise."

"S-sorry." Aria stuttered, standing there, not moving to wipe her tears away. Her glasses were on and so was her mask, they shouldn't be that noticeable.

"You're so young, do you have your parents with you?" She looked around, Aria shaking her head, sniffing as she looked down at her Converse. "No? Okay that's okay. Can I help you get somewhere?"

Aria shook her head, finally finding the courage to wipe away her tears and raise her head. "T-thank you, though. H-have a nice, have a nice flight Miss." Aria smiled weakly at the young woman, her smiling sadly.

"Alright Dear. Best wishes."

Aria looked around and realized she was standing in the middle of the way, in the way of everyone. She took a shaky breath, realizing tears were still falling. While she walked inside, she pulled her hood up, probably a good idea incase there was a bruise she didn't catch.

"J-Jimin, I-I don't know what to do." She spoke softly, holding her phone tightly. "There's s-so many people, and and I don't know where t-to go, there's a lot of.. people."