eighteen

"Jungkook, I didn't know you were releasing your version of our songs." Jimin looked up from his phone once Jungkook walked into the family room. Jimin pulled out one Airpod, Jungkook's voice pausing in his ear.

"What do you mean?" Jungkook frowned, turning off his phone and standing straighter. "I didn't release any songs."

"Yes you did." Jimin held up his phone to show Jungkook the list of songs. "They're all right here."

Jungkook held Jimin's phone, looking at the list of the songs.

Butterfly, Magic Shop, Run, Sea, Don't Leave Me, and Spring Day.

'Those, those are the songs I sang Aria last night.' Jungkook slowly lowered Jimin's phone.

The staff sat up in the sound room as Jungkook started to sing Magic Shop, looking at each other.

"Record it, hurry!"

"No." Jungkook growled and tossed Jimin his phone, Jimin jumping once Jungkook slammed his finger on his own phone. "Bang, fire the staff that recorded with me last night." Jimin slowly stood up, eyes wide as he watched Jungkook's glare darken. "I don't care how good they are! I want them gone!" Jungkook glared and threw his phone on the ground as hard as he could, Hoseok slowly walking into the family to see what the yelling was about.

Jungkook balled up his fist, teeth clenched as he stared down his phone. Jimin slowly shook his head at Hoseok once he tried to step forward.

Jungkook let out a shaky breath, slowly squatting down and put his face in his hands.

"Those songs were supposed just be between Aria and I." Jungkook fell backwards and sat on the floor, doubling over so he didn't have to see the light of the room. "They were for her, not the world."

"Jungkookie, it's okay." Jimin crouched down beside him, placing his hand on his back. But he only got to touch him for a split second before Jungkook slapped it away.

"Don't touch me."

---

Aria sat on the floor of her room, her stare blank as she watched Yoongi play the piano on the other end of FaceTime. He finished with quite a graceful note, immediately looking up at Aria for her reaction.

"You should go to bed Yoon."

'Oh thank God she's still using the nickname.' Yoongi knew she's falling into silence. Just by the way her texts are worded now, being less active in the gc as well. "Another song then." Yoongi decided, starting up before Aria could protest.

He glanced at her when he played, and he stopped immediately when he did. Aria froze, her hand still stuck in her hair. "What?"

"You're not wearing your rings."

"I'm not."

"You always wear rings. Six. Three on each hand. Five of them are silver, one of them sterling, the one your aunt gifted you. And the one on your pinky, it's blue. It represents Van Gogh's 'Starry Night.'" Yoongi spoke quickly, Aria only able to blink as he spit out the facts, 100% accurate. "Where are they?"

"You remembered?"

"I remember everything." Yoongi folded his hands, studying her face through his phone.

"Aria!" A female voice demanded from the distance, Aria's eyes fluttering closed.

"I'll be right back."

Yoongi crossed his legs, staring at the place Aria once sat, praying she'll return safely.

Prayers never go unheard.