thirty eight

Taehyung walked in silently, watching Jimin hurry around Aria's room, tidying some things, asking her what she wanted, little things he didn't have to do.

"Do you want the bear Jin got you?" Jimin held it up, out of the basket and looked to Aria. "O-or RJ?" Jimin picked up the alpaca as well, waiting for Aria's answer.

"RJ is fine-" Aria reached out for Jimin as he handed her the stuffed animal, but he hurried off too quickly. She looked over at Taehyung for help, Jillian peeking her head into the room at his feet.

Jimin hurried past Taehyung, but didn't get far, Taehyung pulling him back by the back of his shirt. "Stand still for a little bit, okay?"

Jimin took a deep breath and nodded, gesturing to her bathroom. "I was going to turn the lights off and ask if she wanted the door-"

Taehyung patted Jimin's shoulder, walking over to Aria, his hands full. "Hey Ari," She scooted over even though she didn't have to, Taehyung sitting on the side of her bed. "Feeling any better?"

"I just have a headache." She nodded, rubbing her head.

Taehyung smiled softly and handed her the cup of water he brought with him, getting the pills from his pocket. "I thought so." He gave her three of the four pills. "This one," He held the pill between his thumb and pointer as Aria swallowed the pain relievers. "Is a melatonin pill. If you want it, it'll help you sleep."

Aria stared at it, swallowing the water. "I-I don't know Tae..."

"It's completely natural." He smiled, holding it up in the light. "You actually already have melatonin in you already, and this just boosts it." Taehyung lowered his hand and held it out. "If you don't want it, I won't be offended. This is just an offer."

"I'll wake up, right?" She asked with a whisper, Jimin releasing a shaky breath at the sound of her voice. A new fear, was just discovered.

"I promise you," Taehyung held her hand, "You will wake up."

Jimin walked over to the bed, Jillian in his arms as he sat beside Taehyung. "And when you do, we'll all be waiting for you."

Aria took a deep breath and nodded. "I'll take it, please."

Taehyung gently handed it over to her, Aria swallowing the pill, her face twisting. "Sorry, it's hard sometimes for me to take pills."

"I can hardly take them." Jimin smiled, Aria relaxing knowing that he struggled as well, that she wasn't alone in this.

"I also brought, this." Taehyung pulled a granola bar from his pocket, looking down at it, not at her. "I didn't know if you'd be hungry again, or if you were at all, but..."

Aria shook her head, Taehyung nodding and put it away, no words shared.

"Will you eat breakfast tomorrow?" Jimin asked carefully, Aria pulling RJ into her lap. She was 16, not 6. She didn't necessarily need the stuffed animal.

But what she needed was a small barrier between the two boys. It just made her feel safe.

"I've already eaten so much." She hugged RJ tightly, unable to lift her eyes to the boys'.

"What if it's something small, like a bowl of fruit, or a granola bar?" Jimin started small, very. Starting from the bottom was good, as long as they started from somewhere. It was good.

"I don't know."

"Aria," Taehyung held out his hands for her, Yeontan in his lap. "Let me take care of you." Aria looked at his hands, at Yeontan. "You need to take care of yourself." She looked down at RJ. "I won't make you eat a lot." Aria looked up at Jimin, Jimin nodding. "I promise you. We'll go slow. I'll help you every step of the way."